Author Topic: Trump calls Pence 'good man' who made 'big mistake'  (Read 330 times)

Offline libertybele

Trump calls Pence 'good man' who made 'big mistake'
« on: December 09, 2021, 12:55:46 am »
Trump calls Pence 'good man' who made 'big mistake'

Former President Donald Trump called Mike Pence a "good man" who made a "big mistake" following an interview in which the former vice president said there were "irregularities" in the 2020 election.

An email from his Save America PAC highlighted the comments Pence made during a conversation with CBN News while also criticizing him for not attempting to challenge the results while presiding over Congress in January as lawmakers tallied electoral votes amounting to a victory for President Joe Biden.

"Good man, but big mistake on not recognizing the massive voter fraud and irregularities," said the Wednesday missive.

In the interview, to which the email linked, Pence was asked by CBN News's David Brody to respond to "MAGA" supporters who call him a "traitor." Brody noted that the accusations are so consistent that he hears them daily.

"On Jan. 6, I said that I believe there were irregularities about which I was concerned, and I wanted them to have a fair hearing before the Congress," Pence said. "But from the founding of this nation forward, it's been well established that elections are to be governed at the state level and that the only role that Congress has is to open and count the electoral votes that are submitted by states across the country — no more, no less than that."

Referring back to the 2017 inauguration, Pence said he took an oath to "support and defend" the Constitution.

Despite immense pressure from allies, Pence sent a letter to Congress saying that he did not have the power to reject Electoral College votes, dealing a blow to Trump’s hopes to deny a presidential victory to Biden as he insisted the contest was fraught with fraud and irregularities. Election officials on the federal and state levels, including in Trump's own government, have said they found no evidence of widespread fraud to support his claims of a stolen election.

Trump insisted to Fox News  earlier this year that he and Pence maintain a "good relationship," even after the 45th president criticized his former No. 2 for lacking the "courage" to try and stop lawmakers from certifying the Electoral College vote in favor of Biden, a process disrupted by rioters who stormed the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6. The siege of Congress is now under investigation by a House select committee, which has subpoenaed several of Trump's closest advisers..............

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-calls-pence-good-man-who-made-big-mistake

« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 02:08:21 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Re: Trump calls Pence 'good man' who made 'big mistake'
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2021, 02:08:34 am »
Trump has criticized Pence and Pence still proclaims he did his duty.  I think we might see Pence run in '24. 

I would hope that Trump would have no plans in running with Pence!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2021, 04:44:35 am »
Trump has criticized Pence and Pence still proclaims he did his duty.  I think we might see Pence run in '24. 

I would hope that Trump would have no plans in running with Pence!
If Trump chooses to run with Pence as VP I won't vote for him. That would mean he is more senile than Traitor Joe.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2021, 05:40:00 am »
POTUS TRUMP speaks well of most people.  Mike Pence did America wrong.  POTUS TRUMP has to deal with all kind of people.

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2021, 01:14:21 pm »
Pence will hear disparaging words as long as he lives.

Perhaps daily.
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2021, 02:40:03 pm »
POTUS TRUMP speaks well of most people.  Mike Pence did America wrong.  POTUS TRUMP has to deal with all kind of people.

He did no such thing.  We live in a democratic republic.  The states certified the electors.  Had Republicans voted to nullify the Presidential election, there would have been violence on a scale unmatched since the Civil War, and Americans would never entrust them with a governing majority.

Pence did Trump and the country a favor in accepting the position.  You are going to figure this out when Trump attemps to find a credible running mate in 2024.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2021, 02:57:59 pm »
He did no such thing.  We live in a democratic republic.  The states certified the electors.  Had Republicans voted to nullify the Presidential election, there would have been violence on a scale unmatched since the Civil War, and Americans would never entrust them with a governing majority.

Pence did Trump and the country a favor in accepting the position.  You are going to figure this out when Trump attemps to find a credible running mate in 2024.

Nullify?  Careful your liberal talking points are showing....
If pence had refused to certify all that would have happened was an audit of the votes...... that is not nullifying..

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2021, 02:59:45 pm »
Just another episode of the soap opera that is "As the Pence Turns".
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2021, 03:01:37 pm »
If pence had refused to certify all that would have happened was an audit of the votes...... that is not nullifying..

Thank you!  Saved me a bit of typing.  Our elections deserve getting them right!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2021, 03:44:02 pm »
author=cato potatoe link=topic=455495.msg2542685#msg2542685 date=163906080

Pence did Trump and the country a favor in accepting the position. 

Pence all but begged Priebus for the spot on the ticket.  Pence thought Trump would lose and he'd be #1 on the hit parade in 2020.  Pence even threw his "friend" Ted Cruz overboard for what he saw was his shot.

Pence spent the next four years trying to damage Trump beyond repair --- with plausible deniability.

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2021, 03:45:16 pm »

:thumbsup:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2021, 03:48:53 pm »
Pence all but begged Priebus for the spot on the ticket.  Pence thought Trump would lose and he'd be #1 on the hit parade in 2020.  Pence even threw his "friend" Ted Cruz overboard for what he saw was his shot.

Pence spent the next four years trying to damage Trump beyond repair --- with plausible deniability.

Pence did Trump no favors that's for sure. I've never liked the man, and never trusted him.  I will never vote for him should he somehow wind up being the GOP nominee. Never!

I think past President Trump is being very generous in calling him a good man.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 03:49:40 pm by libertybele »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2021, 03:57:28 pm »
Maybe Trump is just trying to be gracious and let by-gones be by-gones?  Seems like a reasonable thing to do.

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2021, 03:59:29 pm »
Pence did Trump no favors that's for sure. I've never liked the man, and never trusted him.  I will never vote for him should he somehow wind up being the GOP nominee. Never!

I think past President Trump is being very generous in calling him a good man.

There was always something "off" about Pence; --- just a little too slippery.  He got his benefit of the doubt through Trump.

But even in the best of times, he wasn't seen as the MAGA standard bearer after Trump.

I think Trump's response on Pence was pitch-perfect.  Hopefully, Pence understands Trump will build on that "big mistake" if Pence forces his hand ---- and spares himself the confrontation..

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2021, 06:26:32 pm »
I've always said Trump was bad picking personnel. Pence was just another horrible choice.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2021, 06:49:17 pm »
"former Federal Election Commission Chairman Trevor Potter, president of the Campaign Legal Center. The Electoral Count Act, Potter said, offers a detailed playbook for how Congress' counting is supposed to go, and it specifically limits the vice president to ceremonial duties.
It says the vice president shall preside and he shall ensure that the certifications and votes from the states are opened and read out," Potter said."

I don't know where you get the idea that there would have been an audit. The veep's duties are clearly defined. He is basically just an observer.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 06:50:47 pm by goatprairie »

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2021, 06:51:44 pm »
I've always said Trump was bad picking personnel. Pence was just another horrible choice.
Funny, I got the idea that the people who worked for Trump were lousy at picking their bosses.