Author Topic: Matt Gaetz Says He’s Talked With Trump About Making Him Speaker Of The House  (Read 218 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Matt Gaetz Says He’s Talked With Trump About Making Him Speaker Of The House

Nicholas Reimann Forbes Staff

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) said Tuesday he's spoken directly with former President Donald Trump about installing Trump as House speaker if Republicans win control of the chamber in the midterms, reviving an idea he pushed over the summer that was largely dismissed by all but the most extreme right fringes of the GOP.

When asked at a news conference whether he'd spoken with Trump about the idea, a beaming Gaetz—one of the most hard-right representatives in Congress—responded: "I have," though he wouldn't go into further details.

more

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1468296845889662978
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Taking back the House in '22.  That's a mighty big "IF" and another year out. The DEMS will stop at nothing to retain their power; nothing!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline corbe

It's BS Trump's ego could never allow a lowly Speaker Position.  The dem house members, the few left running, will use this in their ads against the gop.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LegalAmerican

Matt, needs to be speaker, not POTUS.  What is Matt,  thinking?  POTUS TRUMP HAS ENOUGH CLOUT JUST BEING PRIVATE CITZEN.  TRUMP NEEDS TO BE POTUS AGAIN...OR NOTHING. 

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Matt, needs to be speaker, not POTUS.  What is Matt,  thinking?  POTUS TRUMP HAS ENOUGH CLOUT JUST BEING PRIVATE CITZEN.  TRUMP NEEDS TO BE POTUS AGAIN...OR NOTHING. 

PAST POTUS TRUMP NEEDS TO DECIDE IF HE'S GOING TO RUN AGAIN PERIOD! HE MAY HAVE SOME CLOUT, BUT AGE ISN'T ON HIS SIDE. THAT'S A FACT. IMO Gaetz would be a lousy speaker, what are you thinking?
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline The_Reader_David

It's a dim idea.  Not having a former President take the Speakership, not having a Speaker who is not an elected member of Congress, but having Trump do it. 

If Trump were as canny as Newt Gingrich, he could, as Gingrich did during the Clinton administration, effectively make the Speakership into a prime ministerial role, forcing Biden to govern from the center as Gingrich did to Clinton.  Trump utterly lacks the finesse that would be needed to govern the country from within the legislative branch in opposition to the White House, and thus it's a non-starter.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
It's a dim idea.  Not having a former President take the Speakership, not having a Speaker who is not an elected member of Congress, but having Trump do it. 

If Trump were as canny as Newt Gingrich, he could, as Gingrich did during the Clinton administration, effectively make the Speakership into a prime ministerial role, forcing Biden to govern from the center as Gingrich did to Clinton.  Trump utterly lacks the finesse that would be needed to govern the country from within the legislative branch in opposition to the White House, and thus it's a non-starter.

Agreed ... full knowledge of of the legislative branch is necessary and the ability to show restraint and stay within those powers.

Offline corbe

He'd probably rehire Omarosa as the whip.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Killer Clouds

The point of having Trump as speaker is to reinstall him as president without elections. Then he can run again for president in 2024.