Author Topic: Biden may get reprieve with gas prices projected to drop  (Read 134 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden may get reprieve with gas prices projected to drop
« on: December 08, 2021, 12:17:20 am »
Biden may get reprieve with gas prices projected to drop
By Rachel Frazin - 12/07/21 03:30 PM EST

The price of gasoline is expected to fall in the coming weeks, a shift that could give U.S. consumers shaken by inflation some relief — and that could also boost President Biden.

The White House has been hammered by Republicans over rising fuel prices, as the cost of gas has skyrocketed from its lows during the pandemic.

The price at the pump is widely seen as a factor in Biden’s falling approval ratings, which have also taken hits from pandemic fatigue, inflation, fallout from the withdrawal from Afghanistan and dissatisfaction over Democratic bickering over the Biden agenda in Congress.

Crude oil hit a peak of nearly $85 per barrel on Oct. 26 but dropped all the way to about $66 per barrel on Dec. 1 amid fears of the new omicron variant of the coronavirus. On Tuesday, prices were back to about $72 per barrel as fears in markets ease over the extent of the danger from omicron.

Prices at the pump didn’t drop immediately, but have come down in recent days, averaging $3.35 per gallon, according to the American Automobile Association (AAA). That’s down from $3.39 a week ago and $3.42 a month ago — which is likely not enough to provide much of a relief to U.S. drivers.

AAA spokesman Andrew Gross said crude prices remain between $60 and $70, and that will deliver cuts to consumers.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/584754-biden-may-get-reprieve-with-gas-prices-projected-to-drop
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: Biden may get reprieve with gas prices projected to drop
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2021, 12:19:48 am »
It’s dropped below $3 in my parts
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2021, 12:36:58 am »
Filled up yesterday. $4.199 per gallon.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2021, 12:37:50 am »
$4.15 a gallon still the cheapest around me in Huntington Beach, CA

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2021, 12:47:03 am »
It’s dropped below $3 in my parts

I haven't bought gas in awhile, but I just looked on line and it's dropped below $3  here as well.  The price drop won't last for long anyways.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2021, 02:11:35 am »
Biden’s problems with the public goes beyond just the price of gas
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy