Author Topic: Parents knowingly send COVID-positive child to class, forcing 75 NorCal students into quarantine  (Read 379 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Parents knowingly send COVID-positive child to class, forcing 75 NorCal students into quarantine
By Tim Johns
Sunday, December 5, 2021 3:19PM

CORTE MADERA, Calif. -- It was a Thanksgiving break unlike any other for dozens of families at a school in Northern California this year.

Around 75 students at Neil Cummins Elementary School had to quarantine after parents of one student at the school knowingly sent their child to class after they had tested positive for COVID-19.

Dr. Brett Geithman is the district's superintendent.

He says school officials only found out about the positive case after getting a call from Marin Public Health asking why the student's infection hadn't been uploaded to the school database.

"We learned that that student was never reported to us, and that that student had been attending school for the last seven days," Geithman said.

Following the discovery, Geithman says the school took immediate action.

"Parents received a text message the night of the 18th to then bring their child to the gym so that we could conduct testing before anyone entered the classroom," he said.

more
https://abc7.com/neil-cummins-school-corte-madera-covid/11303209/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Such stupidity. 

Offline Hoodat

Something similar happened to someone I knew through my BIL's church.  He and three other people traveled to South America on a mission trip.  One of the others had tested positive before leaving, but didn't inform the others.  After landing, the four rode in the same vehicle for nine hours until they reached their destination village.  Within a couple of days, all four began showing symptoms.

The person who was originally infected chartered a private plane back to the US, leaving the other three to fend for themselves in a local hospital.  Two of the three recovered, but the man I knew died.  So yes, this is a serious incident.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
I bet it was more of a "I don't want to find a babysitter" reason for sending the kid to school instead of the "don't know procedure" answer.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline LegalAmerican

Such stupidity.

I agree, if we are saying the same thing!   STUPID SCHOOL?   

Online DB

I bet it was more of a "I don't want to find a babysitter" reason for sending the kid to school instead of the "don't know procedure" answer.

You can't find a babysitter when someone in the household has Covid. No one will take the job.

Offline Hoodat

I worry about what I will do if I test positive while travelling.  My only option would be to drive my rental car all the way back home since I couldn't get on a plane.  But how would I drop the rental car off?  And where would I sleep if I had to drive half way across the country?  It's not like there is a safe place to go if you get sick away from home.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online rustynail

Bioweapon?  Might be a good way to highlight the absurdities in the system.

Offline Kamaji

I agree, if we are saying the same thing!   STUPID SCHOOL?   

Yes.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Break the quarantine and spread it far and wide. It's clear that it isn't effective at stopping the spread anyway.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline LegalAmerican

OPEN BORDERS.    WHY WORRY?