General Category > Economy/Business

Investment Tips Thread

<< < (7/10) > >>

catfish1957:

--- Quote from: catfish1957 on July 12, 2022, 03:11:17 pm ---Update on the precious metals dip.....

12 Jul 2022 10:10 cdt

Gold- $1728/oz.
Silver- $18.86/oz.
Platinum- $854/oz.

Lowest prices in 18 months. Taking account inflation, maybe the best price in nearly 3 years.

--- End quote ---

Shit!!!!  Anyone else watching this?

14 Jul 2022 9:03 a.m. cat

Gold- $1699.30/oz
Silver- $18.13/oz
Platinum- $817.10/oz

This defies the fundementals......    And not what to expect in an inflationary economy.

Plus a economic, politcal storm brewing for the EU, thanks to Italy.  Hang on to your hats.  $USD now actually worth more than a EURO.

Free Vulcan:

--- Quote from: catfish1957 on July 14, 2022, 02:09:06 pm ---Shit!!!!  Anyone else watching this?

14 Jul 2022 9:03 a.m. cat

Gold- $1699.30/oz
Silver- $18.13/oz
Platinum- $817.10/oz

This defies the fundementals......    And not what to expect in an inflationary economy.

Plus a economic, politcal storm brewing for the EU, thanks to Italy.  Hang on to your hats.  $USD now actually worth more than a EURO.

--- End quote ---

Very weird, in a series of economically weird things.

IsailedawayfromFR:

--- Quote from: IsailedawayfromFR on June 17, 2022, 10:54:42 pm ---I see they spruced it up to 1.75% lately, with MM being 0.9%.

At this rate, we will be back to Jimmy Carter days by year end.

--- End quote ---
Just raised again to 2.25%

IsailedawayfromFR:

--- Quote from: DefiantMassRINO on July 12, 2022, 03:39:42 pm ---CD rates are still less than inflation.  It's still a net money loser after inflation and taxes.

--- End quote ---
yes it is and is a terrible investment.
 But holding some cash is wisdom in this volatile environment and bonds and stocks can be even bigger losers.

At time capital preservation can be more important than returns.

catfish1957:

--- Quote from: IsailedawayfromFR on July 15, 2022, 04:17:59 pm ---yes it is and is a terrible investment.
 But holding some cash is wisdom in this volatile environment and bonds and stocks can be even bigger losers.

At time capital preservation can be more important than returns.

--- End quote ---

Agree...

Almost 5 years ago, I scored some Jumbos yielding 3.75%  Good investment at the time, while inflation was at 1-2%, and being able to park some capital into the safety, and decent level of liquidity.    There is kind of an art and strategy, in getting the best in class rates....  (1) $ volume (2) go for long length (3) Take Jumbo option (4) Negotiate the heck out it, even if you have to move the money.  These guys didn't want that.

But right now CD's and their interest rate/inflation spread is the worst I have ever seen it in my entire life.  These poor banks and Credit Unions are about to get squeezed, and that may be one of the biggest financial news events in the near future.

Right now for me, Gold is looking really good at $1700/oz.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version