Author Topic: Red Lobster restaurants closing: List of doomed locations for the struggling seafood chain ⛓️‍💥  (Read 496 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
On Monday, Red Lobster abruptly closed dozens of its locations, according to multiple reports. The closures come as the popular seafood chain has struggled in recent years with increasing financial challenges—one of which was the popularity of its Endless Shrimp promotion, which led to an $11 million quarterly loss in late 2023.

Due to these financial hardships, there have been ongoing rumors that Red Lobster is considering filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. And now CNN reports that Red Lobster is abruptly closing at least 48 of its nearly 650 restaurants.

TAGeX Brands, an auction company that specializes in restaurant and food auctions, has been brought in to sell off equipment from some of the closing locations.

https://www.fastcompany.com/91124703/red-lobster-restaurants-closing-list-of-doomed-locations-2024

🦞  🦞
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
complete list at the end of the article.

I haven't been to a 🦞  in years, but I think it was good.

Offline mountaineer

I think I've been there once in 30+ years, but they're just going the way of many restaurants in the Biden economy.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

I think I've been there once in 30+ years, but they're just going the way of many restaurants in the Biden economy.

I stopped eating seafood awhile ago because of all the contaminants, but I hate to see a restaurant chain go out of business. You are right -- Bidenomics strikes again.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

Looks like the one in Duluth, Minnesota will stay open

From what I’ve seen, they seem to be always full or semi full
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online roamer_1

Is this a thing? I don't know, as I have never seen a Red Lobster in my life.  :shrug:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
the one in my area is still open...I haven't been there for a while but the coconut shrimp was very good...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online cato potatoe

It's mediocre to poor, and somewhat overpriced.  The only good lobstah I ever had was at Beal's on Mt. Desert Island.  They serve gulf lobster in Florida, but it's tough and bland. 

Offline Lando Lincoln

I’ve been to a RL twice in my days. Once in (or near) Port Clinton, Ohio and once in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline libertybele

Is this a thing? I don't know, as I have never seen a Red Lobster in my life.  :shrug:

It's one of the older chain restaurants. We used to dine there many, many years ago, both when we lived up north and in FL, maybe 20 years ago or so.  I used to like their grouper, but, we went there one time and their fish was mushy and had gastro issues afterwards so we never went back.

You're better off dropping your pole in the water and cooking it yourself anyways.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

It's mediocre to poor, and somewhat overpriced.  The only good lobstah I ever had was at Beal's on Mt. Desert Island.  They serve gulf lobster in Florida, but it's tough and bland.

I was never a fan of lobster or any shellfish. Not a fan of fish these days period.  Give me a Filet Mignon, Porterhouse, T-bone, NY Strip, or Prime Rib and I'm happy!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2024, 11:01:24 pm by libertybele »

Offline mountaineer

I was under the impression most people went to Red Lobster for the biscuits.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!

Exactly, because along the gulf coast there are plenty of other option 10X better for seafood.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

You can buy the RL biscuit mix at the grocery store...just as good.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot

You tend to find them in business hotel districts and on the various "golden miles" of major towns and cities.  Red Lobster used to be good 20 years ago, but the food quality has declined since then with more and more frozen fare heated on demand.  The biscuits are good though!
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline libertybele

You can buy the RL biscuit mix at the grocery store...just as good.

I'll have to give it a try.  :beer:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

In New England, Red Lobster is the Olive Garden of seafood restaurants.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
I was never a fan of lobster or any shellfish. Not a fan of fish these days period.  Give me a Filet Mignon, Porterhouse, T-bone, NY Strip, or Prime Rib and I'm happy!

I bought salmon today at Shop Rite. It went from 9.99 to 12.99 since Easter.

Still yummy and healthy though,. I do like most fish.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
In New England, Red Lobster is the Olive Garden of seafood restaurants.

@DefiantMassRINO haven't been to an Olive Garden in almost 20 years.

They still have endless salads and breadsticks?