Author Topic: White House: ‘You Don’t Eat GDP,’ Paychecks Matter ‘Most’  (Read 801 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House: ‘You Don’t Eat GDP,’ Paychecks Matter ‘Most’

Ian Hanchett 26 Apr 2024

On Thursday’s broadcast of the Fox Business Network’s “Cavuto: Coast to Coast,” White House Council of Economic Advisers Chair Jared Bernstein stated that even with the latest GDP report, we “really haven’t seen much in terms of slow growth yet.” And the job market is “really what matters to people, you don’t eat GDP, your paycheck matters most.”

Bernstein said, “We really haven’t seen much in terms of slow growth yet. Let’s talk about the job market, because that’s really what matters to people, you don’t eat GDP, your paycheck matters most. And there, you’ve seen growth continuing to defy expectations to the upside, stronger job numbers than have been expected, and again, an unemployment rate that’s been below 4% for over two years. That’s generating real wage gains. On the GDP front, this president has a 25-year record when it comes to real GDP growth. So, I think probably one thing you may be referring to is a kind of downshifting that has to happen as you grow at a breakneck pace out of the pandemic-induced recession, we have to settle back into more steady, stable growth, and I think that’s one of the things you’re seeing in reports like the one this morning. But in terms of growing at least at or above trend, if you look at at least the year-over-year measure, 3% for this GDP, and the job market numbers I just cited, the economy remains strong, solid, on a steady, stable path.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2024/04/26/white-house-you-dont-eat-gdp-paychecks-matter-most/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: White House: ‘You Don’t Eat GDP,’ Paychecks Matter ‘Most’
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2024, 02:32:49 pm »
What the hell does that even mean?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online mountaineer

This is Jared Bernstein, the man who sets economic policy for the Biden administration. Asked why the US government borrows money if it can print its own money:  "I can't really... I don't get it. I don't know what they're talking about."

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1786627373070454939
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

GDP is where paychecks come from, idiot.  Lord but liberals are some of the stupidest people in history.  Flat Earthers are Solomons by comparison.

Offline LMAO

This is Jared Bernstein, the man who sets economic policy for the Biden administration. Asked why the US government borrows money if it can print its own money:  "I can't really... I don't get it. I don't know what they're talking about."

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1786627373070454939

Don’t you sleep well at night knowing our country is in such good hands
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Don’t you sleep well at night knowing our country is in such good hands

****slapping  22222frying pan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Another liberal admin dufus spouting broad boilerplate but no understanding of mechanics or specifics.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Hoodat

Oh my lord, we are doomed indeed.  Is this guy really that inept?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

Bernstein graduated with a bachelor's degree in music from the Manhattan School of Music where he studied double bass with Orin O'Brien. Throughout the Eighties Jared was a mainstay on the jazz scene in NYC.

He also earned a Master of Social Work from Hunter College as well as a DSW in social welfare from Columbia University's school of social work.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jared_Bernstein

Zero economics education.  Zero.  Probably didn't even take 101 Macro.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jared_Bernstein

Zero economics education.  Zero.  Probably didn't even take 101 Macro.

So no grasp of basic economics. Why did Biden choose him? He’s not gay or a black, lesbian, trans, purple haired, pronoun confused like everyone else in this administration

He’s just a plain old white guy with no economics qualifications.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Hoodat

Re: White House: ‘You Don’t Eat GDP,’ Paychecks Matter ‘Most’
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2024, 05:21:06 pm »
He was Biden's economic advisor back when he was VP (as if he needed one).  Maybe he's good at laundering money for Hunter.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-