Author Topic: Social Security COLA Increase Slammed as New Estimate Released  (Read 150 times)

Online libertybele

Well, it'll buy us 3/4 of a tank of gas for our truck for the month...provided gas prices don't continue to rise.  :shrug: 

Social Security COLA Increase Slammed as New Estimate Released

Anew cost of living adjustment (COLA) prediction for Social Security has many seniors scratching their heads at how they'll stretch their benefits amid inflation.

The Senior Citizens League (TSCL) just predicted the COLA for 2025, saying beneficiaries can expect a 2.66 percent bump in benefits. Earlier in the year, the estimate was set at 2.6 and 2.4 percent.

If a 2.66 percent boost is implemented, it would likely increase monthly payments by around $50 for most recipients.

While the jump in monthly benefits would be better than the earlier predictions, many seniors were expecting a higher boost to deal with the impacts of inflation.

The Social Security Administration adjusts Social Security payment amounts every year based on the consumer price index, but not everyone feels the change would be enough to get by.

"While COLA payments will increase to offset the effects of inflation, the problem many have with the potential percentage jump is it won't get far enough to meet most of the financial needs of seniors," Alex Beene, a financial literacy instructor at the University of Tennessee at Martin, told Newsweek. "Obviously daily expenses for this age group continue to rise, but the uptick in healthcare costs are putting an additional strain on them, and COLA payments may not be enough to match that uptick."..............

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/retirement/social-security-cola-increase-slammed-as-new-estimate-released/ar-BB1mzFRq?rc=1&ocid=winp1taskbar&cvid=316e61a439df4be390eadd839f071d6e&ei=14
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
If a 2.66 percent boost is implemented, it would likely increase monthly payments by around $50 for most recipients.

Is that whopping $50 before or after the Medicare payment increase? I can't help wondering how much of a food/housing/medical/phone/ etc. benefit increase I will be funding for illegal aliens(or better known as future democrat voters)?

There has been a long running meme about seniors having to eat cat/dog food because of high costs...well cat food has more than doubled and dog food has tripled so not only won't seniors be eating it, they will be hard pressed to feed the pets they sorely need. Thank goodness Joe and the democrats...with a big assist from republicans are such good financial stewards for the American people illegal aliens. How long until the democrats get back on the euthanasia for the old and infirm train? They must be very envious of Trudy and Canada.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
@GtHawk    :beer:

The cost of packaging, transport...cost of insurance are of course passed on to the consumer.

It's not corporate greed in all instances. 

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DefiantMassRINO

There's always Restaurant dumpster diving.  The ants, maggots, and rats are additional sources of protein.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
There's always Restaurant dumpster diving.  The ants, maggots, and rats are additional sources of protein.
But there is so much more competition since the BBE(Bitchin Biden Economy) has forced so many restaurants out of business :shrug: If only we had R.O.U.S.'s we could have a neighborhood barbecue...at least in Blue run cities there are enough of the common type  :tongue2:
Sadly I suppose we can look forward to a democrat future...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Yc9zDKpHpQ