Author Topic: Companies scale back Pride Month after last year’s public response cost them millions  (Read 100 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Companies scale back Pride Month after last year’s public response cost them millions
Get Woke, Go Broke: The adverse experiences of last June appear to have corporate boardrooms reevaluating some of their practices with respect to “Pride” month and related merchandise after sales and share prices plummeted.

By Ben Whedon
Published: May 31, 2024 11:01pm

Saturday will mark the start of “Pride” month, in which advocates of LGBTQIA+ causes celebrate that movement. In recent years, June has seen major corporate chains feature an array of “Pride”-themed merchandise and decorations, though some offerings have prompted considerable backlash from a non-receptive -- even hostile public -- in recent years.

2023 saw major retailers such as Target become the subject of boycotts over more controversial products marketed for children. Other companies, such as Anheuser-Busch came under scrutiny over marketing campaigns that failed to resonate with their traditional clientele.

The adverse experiences of last June appear to have corporate boardrooms reevaluating some of their practices with respect to “Pride” month and the merchandise related to it. Here’s a look at some of the major disasters of 2023 and how brands plan to handle things in 2024.

https://justthenews.com/nation/culture/satcompanies-scale-back-pride-month-after-last-years-backlash
« Last Edit: Today at 06:31:35 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Virtue signaling doesn't free a company from the public response. **nononono*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson