Author Topic: Joe Biden: The Brian Williams presidency  (Read 129 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Joe Biden: The Brian Williams presidency
« on: December 06, 2021, 05:50:52 am »
"I have known every prime minister well since Golda Meir, including Golda Meir. And during the Six-Day War, I had an opportunity to — she invited me to come over because I was going to be the liaison between she and the Egyptians about the Suez. And I sat in front of her desk."

That was President Biden earlier this week, talking about meeting with Golda Meir, who served as Israel's prime minister from March 1969 to June 1974, during the Six-Day War. The problem for the president is that he was a student at Syracuse Law School in 1967 when the war occurred and the meeting was supposed to have taken place. Meir didn't assume office until two years later.

ERTISEMENT
It's a growing trend with the 46th president, who has been telling tall tales right out of the Brian Williams playbook. You remember Williams, of course — the former NBC Nightly News anchor who claimed he had been shot at in a chopper over Iraq (he hadn’t been) and said he’d seen dead bodies floating in New Orleans' French Quarter after Hurricane Katrina (he hadn’t). Williams was suspended by NBC for telling these and other tales during his time as anchor, but the network was nice enough to bring him back a few months later with his own hour-long show on sister network MSNBC.
https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/584335-joe-biden-the-brian-williams-presidency#:~:text=%22I%20have%20known,two%20years%20later.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.