Author Topic: Lasers May Be the Perfect Way For the U.S. Navy To Destroy Mines  (Read 122 times)

rangerrebew

December 5, 2021

Lasers May Be the Perfect Way For the U.S. Navy To Destroy Mines

Welcome to the 21st century.
by Kris Osborn

Here's What You Need to Remember: The system consists of a Load Handling System (LHS) and destructor, or warhead.

The Navy is looking at ways to improve its now operational airborne laser system designed to track enemy mines from low-flying helicopters and expand the surface area from which mine detection takes place -- and no longer rely purely upon more narrowly configured mechanized or towed mine detection systems.

The system, called Airborne Laser Mine Detection System (ALMDS) enables shallow-water warships such as the Navy's Littoral Combat Ship (LCS) have a much safer sphere of operations as commanders will have much greater advanced warning of mine-cluttered areas.

Northrop and Navy developers are looking at ways the ALMDS can be further enhanced through ongoing modernization efforts, such as current work to integrate AI.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/reboot/lasers-may-be-perfect-way-us-navy-destroy-mines-197445

Offline Hoodat

Re: Lasers May Be the Perfect Way For the U.S. Navy To Destroy Mines
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2021, 04:52:04 pm »
If lasers can destroy mines, they can destroy other things too.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2021, 05:33:56 pm »
Finally, we may see sharks with lasers used by the Navy to destroy sea mines!

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2021, 07:01:07 pm »
And three weeks later, half the team that developed the new system (students assisting from China) return to their homeland and share the information (for a modest fee). One university professor also suddenly is living the high life after an unknown influx of cash from somewhere.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....