Author Topic: Liberal billionaire is fed up with failing public schools, so he's committing $750 million to fund c  (Read 209 times)

Online libertybele

Interesting that the money is being donated by a liberal (Bloomberg of all people) and he is recognizing that the liberal schools are failing. Conservative have to change the liberal agenda in our schools.  Perhaps this may be a start??  The silver lining to COVID has been more children being home schooled.

Liberal billionaire is fed up with failing public schools, so he's committing $750 million to fund charter schools: 'American public education is broken

For decades, conservatives have rightly griped about the state of the American public education system, which has moved from a focus on the basics of education toward indoctrination and political correctness.

But when a well-known outspoken leftist joins the chorus of complaints about public schools — and shows he's willing to put his money where his mouth is — people start to take notice.

And that's just what happened this week with former New York City Mayor Mike Bloomberg.

The multi-billionaire left-winger explained in a piece for the Wall Street Journal this week the problems he sees in our public schools and why he's committing $750 million to pay for charter schools.

"American public education is broken," Bloomberg began, pointing out the failure of schools to re-open during the pandemic, even when there was no reason for them to remain closed, and that many of those schools blew it when it came to remote learning.

He then noted that even before the COVID shutdown, "about two-thirds of U.S. students weren’t reading at grade level, and the trend has been getting worse.".............

https://www.conservativereview.com/liberal-billionaire-is-fed-up-with-failing-public-schools-so-he-s-committing-750-million-to-fund-charter-schools-american-public-education-is-broken-2655919070.html
« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 06:48:10 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

Bravo to him

When a liberal is forced to admit that American public education, especially that in inner cities, is failing, it must be worse than we know
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online DB

The teacher's unions have turned the public school system into a jobs program with students being way down the list of priorities. They have long forgotten that they serve the taxpayers.

Online libertybele

Bravo to him

When a liberal is forced to admit that American public education, especially that in inner cities, is failing, it must be worse than we know

:yowsa:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LegalAmerican

The teacher's unions have turned the public school system into a jobs program with students being way down the list of priorities. They have long forgotten that they serve the taxpayers.

I agree and more money is NOT THE ISSUE.  More money to UNIONS.