Author Topic: Cryptocurrency Thread  (Read 21111 times)

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Cryptocurrency Thread
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2022, 03:48:43 pm »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2022, 06:15:55 pm »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2022, 05:31:04 pm »
Sam Bankman-Fried’s Criminal Trial Judge Is Married to Law Partner of Firm that Arranged the FTX-BlockFi Deal

By Pam Martens and Russ Martens: December 21, 2022 ~

Last week the New York Times did a puff piece on the judge that will be presiding over the Sam Bankman-Fried criminal trial in the Federal courthouse in lower Manhattan. The judge is Ronnie Abrams. The narrative at the New York Times is that Abrams’ “husband, Greg Andres, is an accomplished former Brooklyn federal prosecutor….”

Our take is that Greg Andres is part of Ronnie Abrams’ immediate household and a law partner of Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP, a law firm that has problematic ties to Bankman-Fried’s bankrupt crypto exchange, FTX, and another crypto firm it became enmeshed with, BlockFi, which is also now in bankruptcy...

Excerpt: Rest at headline link

Yet more incestuous crap!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2022, 08:07:41 pm »

Saw this sitting out in my Dr.'s office this morning. 

Think Fortune would like a Mulligan?   :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2023, 09:04:16 pm »
Coinbase to pay $100 million settlement with New York regulators

Cryptocurrency company Coinbase will be required to pay $100 million to New York regulators after an investigation revealed the company was “vulnerable to serious criminal conduct," the Department of Financial Services said Wednesday.

Coinbase “failed to conduct due diligence” within its Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering program, according to the department's press release, including failing to keep ahead of the alerts triggered by its Transaction Monitoring System.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/technology/coinbase-pay-100-million-new-york-regulators
The Republic is lost.

Offline catfish1957

« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2023, 06:12:31 pm »
Bump.... Bump..... Bump....

Another One Bites the Dust.

https://www.financialexpress.com/blockchain/crypto-lending-unit-of-genesis-files-for-us-bankruptcy/2954587/

<snipit>

The lending unit of crypto firm Genesis filed on Thursday for U.S. bankruptcy protection from creditors, toppled by a market rout along with the likes of exchange FTX and lender BlockFi. Genesis Global Capital, one of the largest crypto lenders, froze customer redemptions on Nov. 16 after FTX stunned the financial world with its bankruptcy, fuelling concern that other companies could implode. The company is owned by venture capital firm Digital Currency Group (DCG).

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2024, 06:27:02 pm »
In maybe some of the biggest news in Crypto in the past 5 years, the SEC has given the go ahead the Crypto concept, giving some level of validity, and is allowing ETF's to established in several exchanges.   **nononono*

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2024/jan/11/bitcoin-etf-approved-sec-explained-meaning-securities-regulator-tweet