Author Topic: Cryptocurrency Thread  (Read 20944 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Re: Cryptocurrency Thread
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2022, 10:11:07 pm »
NPR article from @Bigun

https://www.npr.org/2022/02/06/1072406109/digital-dollar-federal-reserve-apple-pay-venmo-cbdc

Re: Currency coversion to Cashless society.....   

Crypto? 

A one world universal currency not tied to a reference?

Or maybe one tied to Gold, or another commodity?

In any case, this could be rife with NWO fraudulent type implications,and 3rd world wealth redistribuition. 

In any case, everyone should have been way past time in prep mode. These are the kind of things that might trigger it. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2022, 10:22:23 pm »
NPR article from @Bigun

https://www.npr.org/2022/02/06/1072406109/digital-dollar-federal-reserve-apple-pay-venmo-cbdc

Re: Currency coversion to Cashless society.....   

Crypto? 

A one world universal currency not tied to a reference?

Or maybe one tied to Gold, or another commodity?

In any case, this could be rife with NWO fraudulent type implications,and 3rd world wealth redistribuition. 

In any case, everyone should have been way past time in prep mode. These are the kind of things that might trigger it.

And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Revelation 13:17
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2022, 05:23:23 pm »
Saw where BTC has been as low as $33K  of late.  Any comments on causes or market conditions from our partipants?

Now $23K. 

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2022, 09:39:51 pm »
Now $23K. 

BTC was definitely overvalued with easy money. Now that they are raising rates money is being sucked from everywhere into the dollar.

I almost bought crypto 6 months back, but something in my gut said no. I am not impressed how it has acted during all this financial turmoil.

It was a good test of their mettle and they failed. They certainly aren't a counter to inflation.
The Republic is lost.

Offline catfish1957

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2022, 10:33:21 pm »
Tesla sold 75% of bitcoin holdings in second quarter, as crypto prices crashed

https://finance.yahoo.com/m/ac3c0673-4f35-3f53-bdd7-0f8234364037/tesla-sold-75-of-bitcoin.html

<snipit>

Tesla disposed of 75% of its bitcoin holdings in the second quarter, as the crypto traded 65% lower from its record high in November. The company sold the coins for $936 million, according to the electric car marker's earnings report released Wednesday. Tesla said it invested $1.5 billion in bitcoin early 2021, when the crypto was trading above $30,000. The largest crypto is now trading at around $23,118, down 1% over the past 24 hours, according to CoinDesk data.

=================================================================================
Vulcan's comment earlier in the thread about being the wild west sure is dang true.  No FTC, No rules, etc.

Offline catfish1957

« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2022, 03:43:03 pm »
BTC now <$17,000, and down close to 80% for a year.

I hope all Briefers are watching this FTX debacle closely.  It not only was a Ponzi scheme that makes Madoff look like amateur, but is looking like it was a major money laundering operation that involves the democrats- Biden- and - Ukraine.

This event has tarnished the Crypto world, and has put it back 5 years as far as a LT option as investments and currency alternatives.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2022, 03:48:22 pm »
BTC now <$17,000, and down close to 80% for a year.

I hope all Briefers are watching this FTX debacle closely.  It not only was a Ponzi scheme that makes Madoff look like amateur, but is looking like it was a major money laundering operation that involves the democrats- Biden- and - Ukraine.

This event has tarnished the Crypto world, and has put it back 5 years as far as a LT option as investments and currency alternatives.

I feel like crypto could have a place in our financial system eventually, but for now it's a turd pile. When the Fed raised rates and everything flowed to the dollar, crypto deflated like a balloon.

Knew right there it was not up to the task as alternative currency.
The Republic is lost.

Offline catfish1957

« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2022, 03:14:48 pm »
BTC still crashing $16.5K this morning, and a 2 year low.

I have no idea where the bottom is, but feel for the fools who were sucked into this Ponzi operation.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2022, 01:41:32 am »
The other problem with crypto is that it takes electricity to mine and use.

In a Green New Deal, Great Reset world power will be scarce and unreliable, and price crypto mining out of the market.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2022, 02:56:12 am »
A good synopsis of the FTX collapse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20BEJouWBgY

Suffice to say these guys were IDIOTS. They had zero understanding of the rules of money.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2022, 03:06:12 am by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Online DB

« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2022, 05:13:38 am »
Amazing. A deadly brew of Ponzi and gambling mixed with arrogant greed.

Offline catfish1957

« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2022, 08:17:49 am »

Add a fourth dose of political corruption at the highest levels......

And just think....this is almost the same model being incorporated by the Green New Deal Envirowhacko Scam.  People don't understand what is hitting them right now.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2022, 12:54:56 pm »

It wasn't totally a ponzi scheme because they were fully funded, except what they were fully funded with was not actual currency, but their little FTX token coin, which had no real distribution or fungibility outside their little circle.

They were amateur hour rubes, thinking that their 'billions' was some kind of big deal, and with it and alot of cowboy swagger, the world was their oyster in which they could make anything happen. Reality is the world currency markets trade over $10T A DAY. They also are issued by govts that can 1) pay interest on their currency via debt instruments, 2) tax, and 3) have a real physical economy to support that currency, and are fungible in the real world. Their little token was a pimple on a flea's butt.

I would put their downfall mostly at arrogance. I do not understand the fascination of this society with boy genius wunderkind prodigies with the Einstein hair and surfer dude mentality and stupid MIT degrees. Oh, yes yes yes don't you see, but they are the new tech savvy generation, they are going to do away with the old fossilized rules of ancient geezers and govts and create a whole new rainbow and unicorn world of dizzying financial utopia, because computers.

Reality is money/financial rules are fixed and do not bend and do not yield. To quote a line from a song by the late great Johnny Cash: 'You can run on for a long time, sooner or later God'll cut you down.' These guys didn't even have a clue, but they were young and cool so they didn't have to play by the rules.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2022, 12:58:56 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline catfish1957

« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2022, 02:46:16 pm »
It wasn't totally a ponzi scheme because they were fully funded, except what they were fully funded with was not actual currency, but their little FTX token coin, which had no real distribution or fungibility outside their little circle.

They were amateur hour rubes, thinking that their 'billions' was some kind of big deal, and with it and alot of cowboy swagger, the world was their oyster in which they could make anything happen. Reality is the world currency markets trade over $10T A DAY. They also are issued by govts that can 1) pay interest on their currency via debt instruments, 2) tax, and 3) have a real physical economy to support that currency, and are fungible in the real world. Their little token was a pimple on a flea's butt.

I would put their downfall mostly at arrogance. I do not understand the fascination of this society with boy genius wunderkind prodigies with the Einstein hair and surfer dude mentality and stupid MIT degrees. Oh, yes yes yes don't you see, but they are the new tech savvy generation, they are going to do away with the old fossilized rules of ancient geezers and govts and create a whole new rainbow and unicorn world of dizzying financial utopia, because computers.

Reality is money/financial rules are fixed and do not bend and do not yield. To quote a line from a song by the late great Johnny Cash: 'You can run on for a long time, sooner or later God'll cut you down.' These guys didn't even have a clue, but they were young and cool so they didn't have to play by the rules.

@Free Vulcan

I might be one of those old fossilized geezers you talked about, but I am still not convinced crypto isn't just a another new version of 17th Century  Tulips.....

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2022, 03:07:56 pm »
@Free Vulcan

I might be one of those old fossilized geezers you talked about, but I am still not convinced crypto isn't just a another new version of 17th Century  Tulips.....

Agree. Right now the whole market is a turd pile on so many levels. After investigating it quite awhile, it ultimately was a negatory because none of them seemed to follow basic financial parameters to be legit.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2022, 06:51:01 pm »
BitCoin has the advantage of being one of the first, and having a fixed number of units.  Scarcity helps maintain value.

I'd rather own tulip bulbs than crypto currencies.  Tulip bulbs are a tangible commodity that are more liquid than crypto.

Crypto currencies are more transferrable than tulip bulbs, but their liquidity is dependent upon the capitalization levels of the crypto exchanges.

FTX did not have sufficient capital to cover requests for redemptions for dollars or other tangible assets, government-backed currencies, or commodities.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline catfish1957

« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2022, 09:35:02 pm »
BlockFi another well known crypto-crap went belly up today.

Kaboom!!!!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2022, 09:43:49 pm »
BlockFi another well known crypto-crap went belly up today.

Kaboom!!!!

Seen that. They said they expected quite a long tail of fallout.

:2popcorn:
The Republic is lost.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2022, 12:15:58 am »
Third Crypto Boss Dies in Helicopter Crash

And now Vyacheslav Taran, 53, the co-founder of trading and investing platform Libertex, has died in a helicopter crash near Monaco after taking off from Switzerland.

Questions have arisen on how the crash occurred on a day with blue skies and clear weather.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/11/third-crypto-boss-dies-helicopter-crash/

--------------

Activating Gibbs Rule #39 here.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2022, 01:02:10 am »
Third Crypto Boss Dies in Helicopter Crash

And now Vyacheslav Taran, 53, the co-founder of trading and investing platform Libertex, has died in a helicopter crash near Monaco after taking off from Switzerland.

Questions have arisen on how the crash occurred on a day with blue skies and clear weather.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/11/third-crypto-boss-dies-helicopter-crash/

--------------

Activating Gibbs Rule #39 here.

Whoa!

Offline catfish1957

« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2022, 03:12:35 am »
Whoa!

I think heads of Crypto outfits has replaced #3 of Al-qaida as the most dangerous job in the world.  :cool:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2022, 03:02:00 am »

Winklevoss Crypto Firm’s Employees Saw the Disaster Coming

Marketing materials depicted a tantalizing opportunity: Users of Gemini—the cryptocurrency exchange founded by identical twins Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss—could hand over their digital assets to a product called Earn. The assets would then be loaned out, generating returns as high as 7.4 percent per year. Feeling nervous? Gemini promised investors they could redeem their crypto “at any time…plus the interest you’ve earned!” To some, this gave the impression that their money was safe.

That apparently wasn’t the case. On Nov. 16, the company announced that amid fallout from the crypto exchange FTX, its lending partner, Genesis, had “paused withdrawals,” thereby locking up customer assets. The Financial Times subsequently reported that Genesis owed Gemini’s clients a staggering $900 million.

Multiple former Gemini employees told The Daily Beast that the company downplayed Earn’s riskiness from the outset.

“Gemini definitely sold it as like, ‘It’s hassle-free. It’s easy. Get your crypto back right away, no delays,” said Nick Fuhrmann, who worked as a senior data engineer at Gemini until November 2020, while the product was being developed. “It kind of came across as less of a risk, at least to me.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/winklevoss-crypto-firms-employees-saw-the-disaster-coming

-------------

But yeah man, we're so much younger and cooler, with crazy hair, and we play video games, so we don't have to play by any hard and fast financial rules.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2022, 03:30:26 pm »
REPORT: Crypto Exchange Binance Sees Mass Withdrawals As Industry Panics

Crypto exchange Binance is experiencing mass customer withdrawals as the company’s finances remain uncertain and the crypto industry faces turmoil.

Binance has seen net outflows of $1.6 billion over the past 24 hours, compared to $1.9 billion of net outflows last week, according to The Wall Street Journal. CEO Changpeng Zhao (CZ) said on Twitter that there has been an increase in USDC withdrawals, a crypto “stablecoin” tied to the U.S. Dollar.

https://dailycaller.com/2022/12/13/binance-s-f-ftx-mass-withdrawals-crypto-chanpeng-zhao/
The Republic is lost.