General Category > Economy/Business

Cryptocurrency Thread

(1/12) > >>

kevindavis007:
All things about Cryptocurrency should go here...

Cyber Liberty:
:bkmk:

catfish1957:
Stickied to the top.  I think we all need to have an open discussion on an area in the next 10 years that will impact us more than any of us realize.  I am hearing grumblings that by 2040 there are some who expect 30-50% of business will be managed in this manner.  This will be especially accelerated here if our country later loses it's status as world reference currency.

I am still trying to get my head around this process and what it means long term as far managing commerce, investing, and it's time and place in our economy.  My kids toy around with investing in it, in small measure, but me...  not my cup of tea.

1st a disclaimer...  Yes, I am an old fogey, and am set in my ways and systems that have served us, and generations before us.  I do know that there is a huge driver to go paperless, coinless, and seamless as possible.

Still there is strong sense of red flags for me, that right now this process is so rife with speculation, swings, and no base of backing, that this is no better than 17th century Dutch Tulips.  A second red flag for me, will be if there is a globalization type slant that skews currency valuation politcally toward certain party or parties.  This has a seedy NWO feel to it.  I don't like that one bit.

3rd and most serious red flag, is having virtual currency seems to inherently ultra dangerous, risky for fraud and hackers.  We've seen how much havoc hackers can do to a business, utility, etc.  Can imagine what would happen if one somehow was able to control currency on a world basis on a few keystrokes.

So my overall take is two thumbs down.  I know this may steam roll me at some point in time, but I for one hope I am long gone and dead before it comes to fruition.

@kevindavis007

libertybele:

--- Quote from: catfish1957 on December 04, 2021, 11:41:57 pm ---Stickied to the top.  I think we all need to have an open discussion on an area in the next 10 years that will impact us more than any of us realize.  I am hearing grumblings that by 2040 there are some who expect 30-50% of business will be managed in this manner.  This will be especially accelerated if here if our country ater loses it's status as world reference currency.

I am still trying to get my head around this process and what it means long term as far managing commerce, investing, and it's time and place in our economy.  My kids toy around with investing in it, in small measure, but me...  not my cup of tea.

1st a disclaimer...  Yes, I am an old fogey, and am set in my ways and systems that have served us, and generations before us.  I do know that there is a huge driver to go paperless, coinless, and seamless as possible.

Still there is strong sense of red flags for me, that right now this process is so rife with speculation, swings, and no base of backing, that this is no better than 17th century Dutch Tulips.  A second red flag for me, will be if there is a globalization type slant that skews currency valuation politcally toward certain party or parties.  This has a seedy NWO feel to it.  I don't like that one bit.

3rd and most serious red flag, is having virtual currency seems to inherently ultra dangerous and risk for fraud, and hackers.  We've seen how much havoc hackers can do to a business, utility, etc.  Can imagine what would happen if one somehow was able to control currency on a world basis on a few keystrokes.

So my overall take is two thumbs down.  I know this may steam roll me at some point in time, but I for one hope I am long gone and dead before it comes to fruition.

@kevindavis007

--- End quote ---

Same here and I too am set in my ways.  My overall take is two thumbs down. 

I've become stubborn and still hold up the lines at the grocery store to write a check because it is seen as so old fashioned and no longer acceptable.

Smokin Joe:

--- Quote from: catfish1957 on December 04, 2021, 11:41:57 pm ---Stickied to the top.  I think we all need to have an open discussion on an area in the next 10 years that will impact us more than any of us realize.  I am hearing grumblings that by 2040 there are some who expect 30-50% of business will be managed in this manner.  This will be especially accelerated if here if our country ater loses it's status as world reference currency.

3rd and most serious red flag, is having virtual currency seems to inherently ultra dangerous and risk for fraud, and hackers.  We've seen how much havoc hackers can do to a business, utility, etc.  Can imagine what would happen if one somehow was able to control currency on a world basis on a few keystrokes.

@kevindavis007

--- End quote ---
Well, I agree. The valuation seems arbitrary, and not based on anything but acceptance. That looks like a bubble, with nothing tangible to fall back on. At least with something like silver or gold, I can make jewelry...

Disclaimer: Having recognized that Rap was just taking 'capping' and 'signifying' (street game) to the next level, I did not anticipate that it would be around long, and certainly not mainstream. To each his or her own, but I think that may have been more wishful thinking than a realistic viewpoint. I grossly underestimated the determination to, and potential for exploiting that market. My views on the future of trends that are at least in part social, may be incorrect, and grossly so.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version