Author Topic: Parents of Oxford school shooting suspect Ethan Crumbley charged with involuntary manslaughter  (Read 3498 times)

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
This case is just becoming more and more messy.

And has already gotten 10X more press coverage than the Christmas Parade massacre.

MSM in action.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Absalom

All mental illness.  Their child is innocent.  MENTAL.
--------------
Hmm............so this scumbag kills 4 classmates, yet he's innocent???
Whoda thunk it???
Wow, you sure know lotsa stuff about mental illness!!!!

Online Hoodat

Charles Manson was mentally ill, yet he spent a very long time in prison.  Don't recall seeing his parents charged with manslaughter though.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LegalAmerican

The parents need to,  NOT BE CHARGED.   Any thug, that does his evil, their parents are NOT PROSECUTED. People need to get smart.  They already blame the white, male for everything.  You just pile on.

Offline LegalAmerican

--------------
Hmm............so this scumbag kills 4 classmates, yet he's innocent???
Whoda thunk it???
Wow, you sure know lotsa stuff about mental illness!!!!

Just playing YOUR LEFTIST GAMES.  Why not?  Yes, I know about mental illness. I studied human behaviors for over 35 years. I can tell, you have a problem. George Floyd was innocent. The black school shooter, before this, was 'innocent".
The 'RED SUV' guy is INNOCENT.  You really don't get anything. The guy below, got off and his parents had a party for him.
--------------------------------------------
TEXAS SCHOOL SHOOTER WASN'T BULLIED IT WAS A BIG LIE
708,515 viewsOct 23, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqert8UmW1Q

Offline LMAO

Just playing YOUR LEFTIST GAMES.  Why not?  Yes, I know about mental illness. I studied human behaviors for over 35 years. I can tell, you have a problem. George Floyd was innocent. The black school shooter, before this, was 'innocent".
The 'RED SUV' guy is INNOCENT.  You really don't get anything. The guy below, got off and his parents had a party for him.

Then you should clarify what you meant by your statement that this kid is innocent. If you meant it as sarcasm, then don’t forget to use the sarcasm tag so we know what you meant
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Hoodat

The parents need to,  NOT BE CHARGED.   Any thug, that does his evil, their parents are NOT PROSECUTED. People need to get smart.  They already blame the white, male for everything.  You just pile on.

Are you seriously insinuating that the reason the parents shouldn't be charged is because their son is a white male?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mountaineer

Prosecutor Lays Out Horrific and Disturbing Timeline Explaining Why Alleged Michigan School Shooter’s Parents Were Charged
December 3, 2021   
The parents of Ethan Crumbley, the alleged shooter at Oxford High School in Michigan, have both been charged with four counts of involuntary manslaughter.

The Prosecutor on Friday said he wanted to make sure he was very clear on why they were charging the parents of the shooter.   ...

On November 30, the day of the shooting, Ethan Crumbley’s teacher came across a note that “alarmed her to the point that she took a picture of it on her cell phone,” the prosecutor said.

The note contained “a drawing of a semiautomatic handgun pointing at the words ‘the thoughts won’t stop help me,’” and it included a drawing of a bullet with “blood everywhere” written above it, McDonald said.

“Between the drawing of the gun and the bullet is a drawing of a person who appears to have been shot twice and bleeding. Below that figure is a drawing of a laughing emoji,” McDonald said.

The note also had “my life is useless” and “the world is dead” scrawled on it, she said.

The parents were called to the school right away. A school counselor took Ethan Crumbley and his backpack to the office. By then, the drawing had been altered: The gun drawing, the bloody figure and the words “help me,” “My life is useless,” “The world is dead” and “blood everywhere” had been scratched out.

The parents were shown the drawing and told they must get counseling for their son within 48 hours, McDonald said.

The parents did not ask where the gun was and didn’t inspect his backpack for it, which he had with him, she said.

The parents “resisted” the idea of taking their son out of school, and they left without him. He returned to the classroom, McDonald said.   ...
DC Patriot
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Prosecutor Lays Out Horrific and Disturbing Timeline Explaining Why Alleged Michigan School Shooter’s Parents Were Charged
December 3, 2021   DC Patriot
And yet not a word about the so concerned school taking their own appropriate action, having the police called and the student removed from campus when the parents didn't act. There is culpability of the school as well as the parents but no one seems to be talking about the school officials, as if their due diligence in providing a safe environment for their students stopped when those parents walked out the door.

Online Hoodat

There is culpability of the school as well as the parents but no one seems to be talking about the school officials, as if their due diligence in providing a safe environment for their students

Well, they're Democrats, so . . .

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 School officials could be charged in deadly Michigan shooting: prosecutor
By Lee Brown   
December 6, 2021 10:45am

Michigan school officials could still be charged for ignoring multiple red flags ahead of the deadly mass shooting at Oxford High School, the local prosecutor warned in a new interview.

Oakland County Prosecutor Karen McDonald had already lashed out at how “angry” she was at Ethan Crumbley, 15, being allowed to remain in class before he allegedly killed four classmates in the deadliest school shooting of the year.

Asked Monday on NBC’s “Today” show if it was “possible that school officials could face charges,” McDonald conceded, “It’s possible, yes.”

The prosecutor — who earlier confirmed that the investigation was ongoing — did not elaborate further, or give an expected timeline on a decision.

The warning came as Oxford Community Schools Superintendent Tim Throne said he had ordered “a third-party investigation” into the handling of the red flags to ensure “we leave no stone unturned.”

more
https://nypost.com/2021/12/06/school-officials-could-be-charged-in-michigan-shooting/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Why didn't the school suspend the student until a mental health professional certified he posed no risk?  (They told the parents they had 48 hours to get him into therapy)

Why didn't the school officials check his backpack and locker for a weapon?  If they couldn't legally do it, I'm sure the police would have been happy to help.

The school officials SENT HIM BACK TO CLASS.

The kid is crying out for someone to stop him and neither his parents nor the school officials even try.

How do we ever reconcile this??

Offline mountaineer

I find it hard to believe that the day of the shooting was the first time this kid exhibited disturbing behaviors.

Offline verga

And told to get the child counseling within 48 hrs. by the school, that tells me that the school was not as concerned in that meeting with parents as they are making out now after the killings. Don't misunderstand me, I'm not excusing the parents, the parents bear some responsibility in that they didn't have more control of the weapons in their home, I just don't see involuntary manslaughter as a realistic charge.
My issue is that they purchased the firearm for him and did not do anything to make sure that it was secured. Common sense says that if you have a minor child in the house you need to restrict access, especially if you have been called to the school for a conference about behavior. I am willing to bet that this was not the first time a conversation like this occured.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline mountaineer

You cannot convince me that these parents - and the school officials - didn't have a clue before the date of the shooting that this kid was a freakin' whackjob. They're all culpable - but especially the parents.

Offline LegalAmerican

And yet not a word about the so concerned school taking their own appropriate action, having the police called and the student removed from campus when the parents didn't act. There is culpability of the school as well as the parents but no one seems to be talking about the school officials, as if their due diligence in providing a safe environment for their students stopped when those parents walked out the door.

:thumbsup:

Offline Kamaji

You cannot convince me that these parents - and the school officials - didn't have a clue before the date of the shooting that this kid was a freakin' whackjob. They're all culpable - but especially the parents.

Agreed.

Offline LegalAmerican

Their child is schizophrenic.  He hears voices.  He asked his parents to make those stop.  The parents are no better.
Genetics. Yes, school knew. Schools are just as wacky.  Parents have no clue, being themselves mental.   

Offline LegalAmerican

His parents aren't being  charged with anything....and he got off!   

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
About time they start talking about the school administrators. I'm not a fan of schools overreacting but if there ever was a time for them to step in, take possession of the kids backpack and contact the police and have the kid taken into custody for evaluation this was it.

Like I have been saying, what happened that day involves culpability of more than just the parents.

Offline LegalAmerican

Why didn't the school suspend the student until a mental health professional certified he posed no risk?  (They told the parents they had 48 hours to get him into therapy)

Why didn't the school officials check his backpack and locker for a weapon?  If they couldn't legally do it, I'm sure the police would have been happy to help.

The school officials SENT HIM BACK TO CLASS.

The kid is crying out for someone to stop him and neither his parents nor the school officials even try.

How do we ever reconcile this??

Yes. He told them he 'heard voices in his head' and begged them to make it stop.  He is schizophrenic. I say the parents have mental issues too.  Then we know demon-rat schools are ALL INSANE.  Boys is girls bathrooms.  How would they 'know' something is wrong?  SNARK.  lol

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
High School Mass Shooter May Set New Legal Precedent: Court Rules Parents of Shooter Could Face Manslaughter Trial
 By Elizabeth Allen
Published October 3, 2023 at 6:13pm

In the aftermath of the tragic shooting at Oxford High School, where 15-year-old Ethan Crumbley took the lives of four of his classmates in November 2021, a pivotal legal decision looms over his parents.

The Michigan Supreme Court announced on Tuesday that they had declined an appeal from James and Jennifer Crumbley, thus endorsing a prior decision that the couple could potentially stand trial for involuntary manslaughter charges.

The Supreme Court declined the Crumbley’s appeal, stating that judges “are not persuaded that the question presented should be reviewed by this Court.”

This move has set a potential precedent as parents’ accountability in their children’s crimes becomes more widely discussed in the wake of multiple school mass shootings.

https://thefederalistpapers.org/opinion/high-school-mass-shooter-may-set-new-legal-precedent-court-rules-parents-shooter-face-manslaughter-trial
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Would they have ruled the same way of the shooter had been a minority?  My guess is no.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
 :shrug:

I do know I'm tired of new school shooting ever week.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Whatever happened to charging the offender?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!