Author Topic: Jussie Smollett's Request for a Mistrial Will Have You Literally Laughing out Loud  (Read 103 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jussie Smollett's Request for a Mistrial Will Have You Literally Laughing out Loud
By Bonchie | Dec 03, 2021 8:00 AM ET

The trial of Jussie Smollett continues apace. Smollett is accused of making false claims to police after asserting that two racist men attacked him during sub-zero temperatures in Chicago, IL while shouting “This is MAGA country!” That led to days of breathless media coverage elevating Smollett as the victim of a hate crime and blaming Donald Trump for creating an environment where such could happen.

Of course, all evidence points to the fact that it didn’t happen. Yesterday, the two brothers, who Smollett allegedly hired to fake the incident, took the stand and things didn’t go well for the defense. Not only is there a check Smollett wrote to them for their services, but there’s a video of Smollett and the two men doing a dry run the day before, choosing the spot where the “attack” would take place.

I won’t rehash everything as RedState has covered the case extensively since its inception, including the ongoing trial so be sure to check that coverage out.

What do you do when you are losing as a defendant? You start doing desperate things, and Smollett’s lawyers did just that yesterday, requesting a mistrial and personally attacking the judge. So what was the request for? Originally, a sidebar was called so Tamara Walker, a lawyer for Smollett, could request a mistrial based on the judge shutting down a line of questioning which he found irrelevant (it was). Things went downhill from there.

Apparently, she is now accusing the judge of physically “lunging” at her during the sidebar in his chamber. Smollett’s lawyers also accused the judge of visibly “snarling” when he sustained objections.

more
https://redstate.com/bonchie/2021/12/03/jussie-smolletts-request-for-a-mistrial-will-have-you-literally-laughing-out-loud-n485980
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Jussie Smollett was the smart one in this whole situation

He knew his target audience very well. He knew the left would eat this up including our vice president and the news media and Hollywood

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Hoodat

His defense seems to be that the two brothers entrapped him into the hoax.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Tamara Walker must have graduated fron the same Law school as ADA Thomas Binger.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.