Author Topic: Biden’s Court Packing Commission Warns of ‘Uncertain’ Benefits of Changing Supreme Court  (Read 305 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden’s Court Packing Commission Warns of ‘Uncertain’ Benefits of Changing Supreme Court

Joel B. Pollak 7 Dec 2021

President Joe Biden’s commission on the Supreme Court released its draft final report on Tuesday, which warned that the benefits of expanding the Court — as many Democrats wish — would be a “significant” change with “uncertain” benefits.

The conclusion is likely to disappoint many on the left who have pushed court-packing legislation that would expand the Supreme Court from nine judges to thirteen, enabling Biden to appoint four liberal justices to the resulting four vacancies.

As Breitbart News reported in October, liberals were already dismayed that the draft documents of the commission did not explicitly endorse court packing. House Democrats, anticipating that the commission would allow the Biden administration to avoid taking a firm stand on the issue, introduced legislation in April that would expand the Court before the commission had even met.

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) has said in the past that she would consider the proposal.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/12/07/bidens-court-packing-commission-warns-of-uncertain-benefits-of-changing-supreme-court/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
We'll see what happens -- another year yet before '22 election.

Biden Supreme Court commission votes to send president report taking 'no position' on court-packing

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/presidential-supreme-court-commission-votes-unanimously-to-send-controversial-report-to-bidens-desk
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online cato potatoe

It is critical the house be flipped next year.  The dems may gain a seat or two in the senate, in which case the court packing bill would most certainly pass.  Dobbs v. Jackson ruling will embolden the left.