Author Topic: Conservatives could force weeklong government shutdown over Biden vaccine mandate  (Read 159 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Conservatives could force weeklong government shutdown over Biden vaccine mandate
By Alexander Bolton - 12/01/21 12:16 PM EST

Senate conservatives could force the government to shut down for as long as a week to protest President Biden’s vaccine mandate for large employers.

If conservatives led by Senate Republican Steering Committee Chairman Mike Lee (R-Utah) refuse to yield back procedural time on the floor, it could take as long as nine days to approve a stopgap spending measure that would keep the government funded into late January or February.

Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) told reporters on Wednesday that talks to fund the government are “making good progress” but warned that a small group of Senate GOP conservatives could block the stop-gap by throwing up procedural hurdles.

“We’re making good progress on the CR. I hope a small group of Republicans don’t choose obstruction and try to shut down the government,” he said. “We need to come together and keep the government open.”

Senate conservatives led by Lee are discussing using their leverage over the Senate schedule to demand that Democrats defund Biden’s vaccine mandate on large employers.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/583805-conservatives-could-force-weeklong-government-shutdown-over-vaccine-mandate
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdinVA

As they say in Missouri, Show Me...

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Could this tactic also block Senate passage of the "reconciliation" bill?

If so, full speed ahead...!

Offline LegalAmerican

As they say in Missouri, Show Me...

RIGHT, do it! 

Offline Killer Clouds

The average American can tell when the government shuts down anyway. When the government shuts down it's just a paid vacation for those that are affected.

Offline EdinVA

The average American can tell when the government shuts down anyway. When the government shuts down it's just a paid vacation for those that are affected.

Your are so right... Trump shut it down 3 times over budgets and no one seems to remember...