Author Topic: ‘What Specifically Is The Right Here?’: Justice Thomas Questions Where In The Constitution Abortion  (Read 426 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘What Specifically Is The Right Here?’: Justice Thomas Questions Where In The Constitution Abortion Is Protected

Brianna Lyman
Reporter
December 01, 2021 12:31 PM ET

Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas questioned Wednesday where in the Constitution abortion is protected as the Supreme Court heard oral arguments over a Mississippi abortion law case that challenges Roe V. Wade.

“Would you specifically tell me, specifically state what the right is, is it specifically abortion? Is it a liberty? Is it liberty? Is it autonomy? Is it privacy?” Thomas asked.

“The right is grounded in the liberty component of the 14th Amendment, Justice Thomas. But I think that it promotes interest in autonomy, bodily integrity, liberty and equality. And I do think it is specifically the right to abortion here, the right of a woman to be able to control, without the state forcing her to continue a pregnancy, whether to carry that baby to term,” one of the lawyers challenging the Mississippi law said.

https://twitter.com/greg_price11/status/1466083253467729920

more
https://dailycaller.com/2021/12/01/supreme-court-abortion-case-constitutional-right-abortion-clarence-thomas/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Solicitor General arguing the case for Biden,  Former Miss Idaho

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Kamaji

She’s cute.  Brains and b**bs!

Offline LegalAmerican

She’s cute.  Brains and b**bs!

You men are so easy!  This is why,  we got AOC.  Maybe men, should not be allowed in congress?     *****rollingeyes*****

Online Hoodat

Who-da-ho?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

You men are so easy!  This is why,  we got AOC.  Maybe men, should not be allowed in congress?     *****rollingeyes*****

I said she was cute; I didn't say she was the perfect person for the job.  I don't vote my personal sexual preferences, I vote my personal intellectual and philosophical preferences.