Author Topic: Adam Kinzinger says he hasn't 'made amends' with family members that disowned him over Trump critici  (Read 114 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Adam Kinzinger says he hasn't 'made amends' with family members that disowned him over Trump criticism and doesn't intend to do so
insider@insider.com (John L. Dorman) - Yesterday 4:08 PM

Kinzinger told Crain's Chicago Business that differing political views shouldn't dictate relationships.
    He has no plans to make up with family members who shunned him over his criticism of Trump.
    The congressman said that people shouldn't accept bad treatment "for the sake of getting along."

Rep. Adam Kinzinger said in a podcast released on Monday that he had not "made amends" with the relatives who publicly accused him of "treason" for his vocal criticism of former President Donald Trump — and expressed that he had no plans on doing so.

During an interview with Crain's Chicago Business, the Illinois Republican said that it was unwise to dismiss someone because they have a differing viewpoint on politics.

"I have not made amends with the ones that disowned me and I don't intend to. This is not meant to be a bad thing because — it doesn't mean if someone treats you badly that you have to accept that for the sake of getting along. Don't be the person that's disowning somebody because they have a different political opinion," he said.

more
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/adam-kinzinger-says-he-hasn-t-made-amends-with-family-members-that-disowned-him-over-trump-criticism-and-doesn-t-intend-to-do-so/ar-AARjFFS?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Does this guy think his passive-aggressive righteous martyr schtick is going to fool anyone?
The Republic is lost.

Online LMAO

Does this guy think his passive-aggressive righteous martyr schtick is going to fool anyone?

It appears he values his dislike of Trump more than his relationship with his family
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline skeeter

No one has 'disowned' him because he has a different opinion in good faith - they've disowned him because he's embraced the rats cynical political strategy which, to any fair minded person, ostracizes half of the nation's voters and is based upon lies.

Online LMAO

No one has 'disowned' him because he has a different opinion in good faith - they've disowned him because he's embraced the rats cynical political strategy which, to any fair minded person, ostracizes half of the nation's voters and is based upon lies.

Your post is probably a lot closer to the truth. I bet he’s the biggest whiner around the Thanksgiving table

I’ve seen his type. “All you who disagree with me are bad and stupid people.”
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy