Author Topic: Mike Pence is delusional… Plans to challenge Trump in 2024…  (Read 559 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Mike Pence is delusional… Plans to challenge Trump in 2024…
« on: November 30, 2021, 07:05:47 pm »
The Atlantic  By Peter Nicholas 11/30/2021

Pence 2024?

If Donald Trump officially enters the next presidential race, that doesn’t mean his former vice president will stay out of the contest.

Mike Pence spent much of his vice presidency quietly catering to the whims of President Donald Trump. But on January 6, he broke with Trump by refusing to overturn the 2020 election results. And now, Pence is eyeing a presidential run of his own, even though his old boss hasn’t ruled out a 2024 campaign. Pence wouldn’t necessarily stay out of the race even if Trump jumps in.

“If you know the Pences, you know they’ll always try to discern where they’re being called to serve,” Marc Short, Pence’s former chief of staff, told me. “And I don’t think that is dependent on who else is in or not in the race.”

A 2024 Pence campaign looks futile no matter the scenario. If Trump runs, he’ll rally the same MAGA zealots who refuse to believe he lost the last election. And if Trump opts out, Pence isn’t his natural successor; he may have spoiled any hope of inheriting the Republican base when he defied Trump on January 6. Scanning the Republican universe, it’s hard to detect a glimmer of a Pence-for-president movement of any sort. Which leaves GOP operatives asking a version of the same question: What in the world is Mike Pence thinking?

Sarah Longwell is an anti-Trump Republican strategist who has led dozens of focus groups since the 2020 election with hard-core Trump voters, reluctant Trump voters, and 2016 Trump voters who switched to Joe Biden last year. “Pence doesn’t do well with anybody,” she told me. People make faces when she mentions Pence’s name, faces that convey a collective nah. Or maybe meh, she said, thinking it over. But the impression they leave is obvious enough, she added: “Not interested.”

As of this point, Pence hasn’t decided whether to run, his advisers say. For now, he’s focused on helping Republicans win back congressional majorities in the 2022 midterm elections. But he’s also making the sorts of moves that typically precede a presidential bid. Since leaving office on January 20, he’s been showing up in states that hold early presidential contests: New Hampshire, South Carolina, and Iowa. Next month he’s set to return to New Hampshire for a Republican fundraising event. He’s writing a book and has started a podcast, American Freedom, that is a platform to reintroduce himself to voters after four years as Trump’s mostly subservient No. 2. Speaking in a flat baritone, the erstwhile talk-radio host mixes treacly odes to public service with sharp critiques of Biden’s record. One episode devoted to the 20th anniversary of the September 11 terrorist attacks opens with Pence denouncing “the failed leadership of the Biden administration” and closes with a vignette of him and other lawmakers singing “God Bless America” on the steps of the U.S. Capitol after the attacks.

More: https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2021/11/mike-pence-2024-campaign/620831/

Offline EdinVA

Re: Mike Pence is delusional… Plans to challenge Trump in 2024…
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2021, 07:20:10 pm »
I never heard of pence before Trump started talking to/about him.
Just another go along to get along wallflower...

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2021, 07:39:19 pm »
Does Pence have a martyr complex?  The guy likes to needlessly suffer.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2021, 07:45:19 pm »
Well this kind of changes my opinion of Pence - he's a 'its my turn now' typical GOPe guy after all. Guess I shoulda known.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2021, 09:12:20 pm »
Mike Pence spent much of his vice presidency quietly catering to the whims of President Donald Trump.

I like that little slap there, catering to Trumps Whims, really? As I understand it the VP is supposed to do the tasks the President has delegated to them(unless your The Cackler) and Trump delegated some very important responsibilities to Pence not some 'whims'. I don't think I could ever vote for Pence for President, he's just so milk toast, no fire in his belly and that's not an issue with Trump. It's precisely that fire and his resonance with the people being fed up with the destruction of America that brought people to vote for Trump, pence was just sliding along on Trump's coattails.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2021, 09:47:28 pm »
Mike Pence has all the personality and passion as a bar of Ivory Soap.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2021, 10:39:52 pm »

@240B

And THAT,my friends,is THE perfect summation of Pence.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2021, 11:34:20 pm »
Fearless, fearless prediction:
Mr. Pence ain't gonna get very far in 2024.

(consider the source of this story...)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2021, 11:40:20 pm »
Unless plans are already in the works to ensure that Pence beats Trump (the RNC can change the rules), there is no way Pence will even come close.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2021, 11:41:44 pm »

888high58888 
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 11:44:55 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline corbe

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2021, 11:49:36 pm »
   Pence was a pretty good guy till he sold his soul to the Trump campaign in 2016 (like most ppl that joined his campaign).  Refusing to sign the Indiana Religious Freedom Act (which he worked so hard for) to placate the gays that Trump thought would vote for them was a sure sign he was had become a sleazy character.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2021, 12:24:32 am »
Hmmm..........so Pence is a selfish zero who needs to be stopped, less the Messiah be denied his earthly reward???
Pence rubbed elbows w/the Trumpster for 4 years and knows more about Trump's character than all his Disciples.
So perhaps Pence's mission has nothing to do w/selfishness and everything to do w/salvation???
Of what you ask??? By blocking a feckless leader which would allow a resolute one to become POTUS.
Trump has proven all his life that he is w/o Character, a mandatory trait for Leaders in a time of great crisis.
Yet his Disciples insist he is the Man for the Task, regardless of the gravity of the threats confronting the US,
be they economic, military, political, social and so on!!!

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2021, 12:33:59 am »
   Pence was a pretty good guy till he sold his soul to the Trump campaign in 2016 (like most ppl that joined his campaign).  Refusing to sign the Indiana Religious Freedom Act (which he worked so hard for) to placate the gays that Trump thought would vote for them was a sure sign he was had become a sleazy character.

Though I wasn't familiar with Pence until he became Trump's VP, I'll take your word for it.

Regardless, I look for the GOPe to back Pence, but even at that, I think Pence's chance of being the GOP nominee are pretty bleak.

I won't vote for him. In my books he's a RINO. 

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2021, 12:36:41 am »
Hmmm..........so Pence is a selfish zero who needs to be stopped ... now that, made me laugh!
How do you stop a thing which is not moving and has no momentum?
Stopping Pence would be like stepping on a stationary golf ball. LOL
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2021, 12:42:23 am »
Does Milquetoast Mike think he's going to get traction?

He won't in Iowa. Probably just wants to spill dirt and be a spoiler.
The Republic is lost.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2021, 12:50:21 am »
Does Milquetoast Mike think he's going to get traction?

He won't in Iowa. Probably just wants to spill dirt and be a spoiler.
In other words his job will to be a good party helper.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2021, 12:52:21 am »
The Atlantic  By Peter Nicholas 11/30/2021

Pence 2024?

If Donald Trump officially enters the next presidential race, that doesn’t mean his former vice president will stay out of the contest.

Mike Pence spent much of his vice presidency quietly catering to the whims of President Donald Trump. But on January 6, he broke with Trump by refusing to overturn the 2020 election results. And now, Pence is eyeing a presidential run of his own, even though his old boss hasn’t ruled out a 2024 campaign. Pence wouldn’t necessarily stay out of the race even if Trump jumps in.

“If you know the Pences, you know they’ll always try to discern where they’re being called to serve,” Marc Short, Pence’s former chief of staff, told me. “And I don’t think that is dependent on who else is in or not in the race.”

A 2024 Pence campaign looks futile no matter the scenario. If Trump runs, he’ll rally the same MAGA zealots who refuse to believe he lost the last election. And if Trump opts out, Pence isn’t his natural successor; he may have spoiled any hope of inheriting the Republican base when he defied Trump on January 6. Scanning the Republican universe, it’s hard to detect a glimmer of a Pence-for-president movement of any sort. Which leaves GOP operatives asking a version of the same question: What in the world is Mike Pence thinking?

Sarah Longwell is an anti-Trump Republican strategist who has led dozens of focus groups since the 2020 election with hard-core Trump voters, reluctant Trump voters, and 2016 Trump voters who switched to Joe Biden last year. “Pence doesn’t do well with anybody,” she told me. People make faces when she mentions Pence’s name, faces that convey a collective nah. Or maybe meh, she said, thinking it over. But the impression they leave is obvious enough, she added: “Not interested.”

As of this point, Pence hasn’t decided whether to run, his advisers say. For now, he’s focused on helping Republicans win back congressional majorities in the 2022 midterm elections. But he’s also making the sorts of moves that typically precede a presidential bid. Since leaving office on January 20, he’s been showing up in states that hold early presidential contests: New Hampshire, South Carolina, and Iowa. Next month he’s set to return to New Hampshire for a Republican fundraising event. He’s writing a book and has started a podcast, American Freedom, that is a platform to reintroduce himself to voters after four years as Trump’s mostly subservient No. 2. Speaking in a flat baritone, the erstwhile talk-radio host mixes treacly odes to public service with sharp critiques of Biden’s record. One episode devoted to the 20th anniversary of the September 11 terrorist attacks opens with Pence denouncing “the failed leadership of the Biden administration” and closes with a vignette of him and other lawmakers singing “God Bless America” on the steps of the U.S. Capitol after the attacks.

More: https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2021/11/mike-pence-2024-campaign/620831/

I didn't read he whole thing.  ANOTHER ONE WHO IS DELUSIONAL. So, this is his PAY OFF...by globalist for stabbing POTUS TRUMP AND AMERICANS IN THEIR BACK?  I loathe this JUDAS and him receiving his 30 pieces of silver. 

Offline LMAO

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2021, 12:53:53 am »
How do you stop a thing which is not moving and has no momentum?
Stopping Pence would be like stepping on a stationary golf ball. LOL

I agree

Pence doesn’t strike me as a guy that’s got a lot of fire in his gut

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2021, 12:56:56 am »
Biden certified as next President, Pence and Pelosi elbow bump
Jan 7, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldTuTUFkmBY

9 months ago
Why did you remove the part where those 2 men pass a gold coin to Pence in an illicit handshake?

10 months ago
I just LOVE how he’s not sure if he’s expected to elbow bump in return but he readies his elbow just in case

10 months ago
They edited out pence receiving a medal just before the elbow bump.

10 months ago
Congrats, Mike. You are now a member of the Traitor Joe’s Club.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2021, 12:59:15 am »

Ron Paul, Cruz, and Pence were the point of the spear for the tea party... Pence is/was also a darling of the Christian Right... He tends toward libertarianism, which would make him popular in the conservative West... Those are his natural constituencies, leaning hard to the Christian Right.

'Refusing to sign the Indiana Religious Freedom Act (which he worked so hard for)' will kill him with the Christians... He cannot get past that.

And raising NO alarm in an administration that cost 20 TRILLION dollars and shut the country down will kill him with fiscal and libertarian conservatives...

Pretty much a non-starter, unless a Pence/Cruz combo tries to raise up the TEA Party dynamo... Which I do not think either one has the credz for anymore... But the only shot at all for Pence.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2021, 01:35:47 am »
Ron Paul, Cruz, and Pence were the point of the spear for the tea party... Pence is/was also a darling of the Christian Right... He tends toward libertarianism, which would make him popular in the conservative West... Those are his natural constituencies, leaning hard to the Christian Right.

'Refusing to sign the Indiana Religious Freedom Act (which he worked so hard for)' will kill him with the Christians... He cannot get past that.

And raising NO alarm in an administration that cost 20 TRILLION dollars and shut the country down will kill him with fiscal and libertarian conservatives...

Pretty much a non-starter, unless a Pence/Cruz combo tries to raise up the TEA Party dynamo... Which I do not think either one has the credz for anymore... But the only shot at all for Pence.

@roamer_1  you have enlightened me.  I had no idea that Pence was considered part of the Tea Party.  IMO I think Cruz may have a shot (though I don't see him running), but Pence kissed his political career good-bye.

Offline corbe

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2021, 01:38:38 am »
   Pence was a Deficit Hawk back when he was a US Rep, him and Ryan singlehandidly passed the last budget we had, according to folklore/mythology.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2021, 02:47:35 am »
@roamer_1  you have enlightened me.  I had no idea that Pence was considered part of the Tea Party.  IMO I think Cruz may have a shot (though I don't see him running), but Pence kissed his political career good-bye.

That''s right - But not over 'failing to stop the steal', where he did exactly what he could, following protocol.

He killed his career back in Indiana over the Religious Freedom shtick. He was lucky to be picked VP, as I don't think he'd have survived another election in Indiana.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2021, 05:22:18 am »

Well said!   :beer:

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2021, 10:38:44 am »
Pence will garner the Never Trump vote.  He will get 10% at best.  Pence is a putz, and he destroyed his career with what he did at the end of the Trump Administration.