Author Topic: Biden Communist Banking Nominee Saule Omarova to be rejected…  (Read 160 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Biden Communist Banking Nominee Saule Omarova to be rejected…
« on: November 25, 2021, 12:43:46 pm »
Citizen Free Press 11/24/2021

Five Democrat senators have told the White House they won’t support Saule Omarova to head the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, effectively killing her nomination for the powerful bank-regulator position.

The defiant opposition from a broad coalition of senators reflects the real policy concerns they had with Omarova, a Cornell University law professor who attracted controversy for her Marxist academic writings.

Their opposition also hints at a willingness of some Democrat senators to buck the White House on an important nomination, even if it hands Republicans a political — and symbolic — victory.

More: https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/biden-communist-banking-nominee-saule-omarova-to-be-rejected/

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Biden Communist Banking Nominee Saule Omarova to be rejected…
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2021, 12:46:40 pm »
Some sanity in DC. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mikezpen

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2021, 12:54:32 pm »
True. But it's frightening that an American political party and president are so lost and out of the mainstream that they could seriously recommend somebody like that to an important office.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2021, 01:00:05 pm »
True. But it's frightening that an American political party and president are so lost and out of the mainstream that they could seriously recommend somebody like that to an important office.

Yep

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2021, 02:42:49 pm »
Both party establishment are hostages to their lunatic fringes.  That's where the activism, votes, money, and idealogical kamikazes are.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2021, 02:48:30 pm »

:thumbsup:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2021, 05:42:07 pm »
Some sanity in DC.

Take a picture! You won't see it often!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2021, 05:49:08 pm »
If she tried to carry out what she proposed, the nation if not the world economy would collapse faster than a bad soufflé. We are talking collapse to something back in the 1800's.

She'd tack on to the commie death list a few hundred million more bodies, at least.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2021, 07:45:15 pm »

Pay attention. It's all in the optics.

They just nominated her to see if they could get away with it, and to make the next rabid communist look more 'reasonable' by comparison.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis