Author Topic: Rude Words Spoken About Ilhan Omar, Fake Outrage, and an Unneeded Apology... Roger Kimball  (Read 60 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rude Words Spoken About Ilhan Omar, Fake Outrage, and an Unneeded Apology

Roger Kimball
November 28, 2021 Updated: November 28, 2021

I take my texts today from Anonymous—or, what is functionally equivalent, from quotations that have been so promiscuously attributed that no one is really certain who first uttered them.

Yes, I know: when in doubt “Winston Churchill” is often a good bet, as is “George Orwell” or “Mark Twain.”

But I am pretty sure that none of those worthies is responsible for my two quotations, to wit, the observation that “A gentleman is never unintentionally rude” and the imperative “Never apologize, never explain.”

The first occurred to me while watching Colorado Congresswoman Lauren Boebert’s snide but amusing comments about her Minnesota colleague Ilhan Omar, she of the inevitable head dress, fondness for anti-Semitic and anti-American remarks, and confusion about the difference between “brother” and “husband.”

Boebert, a high-energy, pro-gun conservative was addressing some supporters when she recalled sharing an elevator at the Capitol with Omar.

She noticed an alarmed-looking police officer sprinting toward them just as the elevator door was closing.

“What’s happening? I look to my left, and there she is: Ilhan Omar. And I said, well, she doesn’t have a backpack, we should be fine.”

Boebert continued: “the jihad squad decided to show up for work today.”

more
https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_morningbrief/rude-words-spoken-about-ilhan-omar-fake-outrage-and-an-unneeded-apology_4127758.html?utm_source=Morningbrief&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mb-2021-11-29&mktids=56d813ea851be1ac41e2ea62ed96afb6&est=7R9U%2BCWupy38cS%2BglqhUJGScl2abhLlzotzIi7hQBYrfh2azl5FiCYdAO%2BxXAz4%3D
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34