Author Topic: Biden to Increase U.S. Oil Lease Fees 50% While Accusing ‘Big Oil’ of Anticompetitive Activities  (Read 218 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Breitbart by Wendell Husebø 27 Nov 2021

Biden to Increase U.S. Oil Lease Fees 50% While Accusing ‘Big Oil’ of Anticompetitive Activities

The Biden-Harris administration issued a report Friday to increase the price of oil leasing fees on federal lands in the United States by 50 percent—even while accusing oil companies of artificially increasing prices through illegal and anticompetitive actions.

Despite record-high gasoline prices impacting American families across the country with winter around the corner, the Biden-Harris administration is recommending Congress hike the cost of oil leases on government lands from 12.50 percent to 18.75 percent.

The 6.25 percentage point royalty rate increase on oil companies would contradict the administration’s promise to lower gasoline prices. In recent weeks, the Biden-Harris administration has asked OPEC to increase oil supplies and requested the Federal Trade Commission conduct an investigation into oil companies for “anticompetitive behavior.”

More: https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2021/11/27/biden-increase-u-s-oil-lease-fees-50-accusing-big-oil-anticompetitive-activities/

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Nothing Biden touches is good.  Nothing.

The best way to reduce gas prices is for the government to get out of the way.

Biden is going the opposite direction.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online LMAO

Nothing Biden touches is good.  Nothing.

The best way to reduce gas prices is for the government to get out of the way.

Biden is going the opposite direction.

Oh ye of little faith

Don't you know Jen Psaki  has promised us any increase in the cost of doing business wont be passed on to consumers? Why would we doubt Jen Psaki?

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline mikezpen

The Dems and their media propaganda arm will mount a campaign to blame the rise in energy prices on oil company price-fixing. They'll be federal investigations with a lot of fanfare. You'll see a lot of that around election time in efforts to blunt the Republicans' message. And it will work with a lot of voters.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2021, 01:08:45 pm by mikezpen »