Author Topic: The COVID Follies Play Again By Roger Kimball  (Read 52 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The COVID Follies Play Again By Roger Kimball
« on: November 28, 2021, 02:20:52 pm »
The COVID Follies Play Again
We are not yet done with the COVID follies, not by a long shot.
By Roger Kimball
November 27, 2021

I was hoping I would never have to write about the Wuhan flu, aka COVID-19, again. I overdosed on it in days of yore. During the Great Panic of 2020, I wrote about it many times for American Greatness (here, for example, and here, here, here, and here) and elsewhere (here, for example, and here, here, and here). I really have nothing much new to add.

Now, as then, I have been astonished that a disease that poses a serious threat to a tiny sliver of the population—some of the elderly, and those with underlying (new vocabulary word!) “co-morbidities” like obesity—should have caused such widespread panic, not to mention such an acrid authoritarian response from so many governments. I was also astonished, and correspondingly disheartened, by the alacrity with which people the world over turned themselves into sheep, allowing their elected representatives (where such existed) to herd them like cattle: docile, bovine, will-less. But that’s how it was.

Now of course, everything has changed. We have a smorgasbord of vaccines with (we are told) something like a 95 percent success rate. We have a wide range of effective therapeutics, including the once-scorned (because Trump-endorsed) ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine, not to mention monoclonal antibody treatment. Right around the corner, I am told, Pfizer and other members of the Big Pharma brotherhood will be offering a pill that (according to some) will cut hospitalizations and death from COVID by almost 90 percent. So the world is once again free, maskless, social.

more
https://amgreatness.com/2021/11/27/the-covid-follies-play-again/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: The COVID Follies Play Again By Roger Kimball
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2021, 02:23:45 pm »
From the article:  "Of course, “testing positive” for COVID is about as significant as “testing positive” from those other coronaviruses, those that cause the common cold. That is to say, it is utterly insignificant because the viruses are ubiquitous."

Exactly.