Author Topic: Ukraine braces for possible coup  (Read 414 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Ukraine braces for possible coup
« on: November 28, 2021, 01:21:46 am »
Ukraine braces for possible coup

The situation between Ukraine and Russia has continued to intensify. Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has claimed Russia is trying to violate his country’s sovereignty, both from without and within.

Zelensky voiced his concerns during a televised round table discussion on Friday. Despite a ramping up of Russian troops along his borders, the president assured journalists the country was secure and ready for any possibility.

“I think that today there is intimidation. I want to tell you that large-scale intimidation is coming from some media platforms that there will be a war tomorrow. What do we need to know? We fully control our borders, and we are fully prepared for any escalation,” said Zelensky.

Zelensky then accused a prominent Ukrainian billionaire of colluding with the Russians to enact a coup against him.

“We have not only intelligence information, but even audio information, where representatives of Ukraine, let’s call them representatives of Russia, let’s say, are discussing Rinat Akhmetov’s participation in the coup d’etat in Ukraine and $1 billion will be used,” said Zelensky...............

https://www.oann.com/ukraine-braces-for-possible-coup/
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline mikezpen

Re: Ukraine braces for possible coup
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2021, 12:43:37 pm »
Trump would have had a battalion or two of U.S. troops on the border as a trip wire by now. And there would be no invasion.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2021, 02:14:29 pm »
Will this be the domino that triggers a Chinese move on Taiwan?

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2021, 02:24:16 pm »
Will be interesting to see what pelosi/biden have to say about this..

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2021, 02:28:08 pm »
Will be interesting to see what pelosi/biden have to say about this..
I'm afraid this will be the diversion they're praying for, and they'll involve us militarily.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2021, 02:56:12 pm »
I'm afraid this will be the diversion they're praying for, and they'll involve us militarily.
I am sure it will be Trump's fault and it will be because he colluded with the Russians during the election and somehow gave the Russians a green lite...

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2021, 02:59:28 pm »
I am sure it will be Trump's fault and it will be because he colluded with the Russians during the election and somehow gave the Russians a green lite...
From Mar a Lago.

The Swamp will do anything to distract attention from the activities of their Chicom handlers.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2021, 03:05:42 pm »

Question is:  whom is that "they"?

Yes, the democrats might get some coverage for domestic problems by getting a hot war going, but I'm not sure the DNC would get the full bang for the buck that might otherwise be expected.

The Chinese, on the other hand, would be ecstatic if the U.S. were to get militarily involved in an attempted coup in Ukraine.  With the U.S. tied down militarily in a messy, murky, civil war type affair, and world attention drawn to Ukraine, they would rather quickly, I think, get a sufficient toe-hold in Taiwan that they could not be dislodged without a substantial military involvement by the U.S. - an involvement that would be much costlier to the U.S. than monkeying around in Ukraine, and an involvement that the U.S. most likely could not fully handle once it was engaged in Ukraine.

As such, I would hazard that the real "they" here is the Chinese.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2021, 03:12:29 pm »
Tucker Carlson recently had a "spirited" discussion with a Republican congressman who wants just that: U.S. involvement in Ukraine.

‘You Need a Little Education’: GOP Congressman and Tucker Carlson Go at It in FIERY Clash on Russia
By Michael Luciano
Nov 10th, 2021, 9:55 pm
Mediaite
... After saying that many military families watch his show, Carlson told Turner, “I wonder if you could explain to them why it is in America’s interest that their kids risk their lives in Ukraine.”

Turner said Ukraine is an important strategic ally of the United States, which committed to to Ukraine’s territorial integrity. He alluded to the Budapest Memorandum signed by the U.S., Russia, and Ukraine (among other states) in 1994. Russia violated that agreement when it annexed Crimea in 2014.  ...

“But why is it incredibly important to Americans?” asked Carlson. “I mean, I know from a Ukrainian perspective it’s incredibly important, but why is it important enough to risk American lives to preserve the territorial integrity of Ukraine when by the way our own territorial integrity has been flagrantly violated by a million foreign nationals coming in over the past 10 months? I wonder why the emphasis on Ukraine’s borders and not ours.”

“Well, I think everyone has emphasis on our borders, Tucker. But certainly I think you would–”

“Have you called for American troops to our borders?” ...

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2021, 09:53:05 am »
All bogus nonsense.  Defending the Ukraine is not in the USA national interest.  And when Ukraine was invited to join NATO, they said they did not want any part of NATO or the Russian Federation.

We are meddling, as we often do, and with not one good intention from the way I see it.

Trump provided Ukraine with some deadly military hardware, which should make Russia leary of invading in force.  And the Russian also know Ukrainians make for fierce warriors.  It will be a bloodbath, and it is not our affair.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2021, 08:39:17 pm »
Having Ukraine fall under the thumb of Russia is not a good idea, either.

Offline mikezpen

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2021, 04:45:30 pm »
They may then eye the Baltic States which have been under Russian control may times.

I'm afraid we could get in a war-over Korea or Taiwan maybe-or Ukraine or the Baltic Countries. All the evil regimes see Biden and the Democrats as worthless in terms of will and military strength.The prospect of war scares me to death with Biden/Harris trying to run this country.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2021, 04:58:34 pm »
Rinat Akhmetov, Viktor Yanukovych, and Burisma are all tied together.  Biden is on the opposite side of Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, which puts him on the same side with Putin.  Russian has the green light to annex Ukraine, and Biden will do nothing to stop it.

https://www.pastemagazine.com/politics/joe-biden/making-sense-of-this-ukrainian-mess-with-joe-biden/#an-extremely-quick-and-inadequate-recent-history-of-ukraine
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2021, 06:13:33 pm »

I am afraid that you are absolutely right.  The leftists never let an 'oppportunity' go to waste.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2021, 06:54:54 pm »
 --- more ----

Biden, Putin set video call Tuesday as Ukraine tensions grow

Presidents Joe Biden and Vladimir Putin will speak in a video call Tuesday, the Kremlin said, as tensions between the United States and Russia escalate over a Russian troop buildup on the Ukrainian border that’s seen as a sign of a potential invasion.

Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov confirmed plans for the conversation to Russia’s state news agency RIA Novosti and said it will take place Tuesday evening. “The presidents will decide themselves” how long their talk will last, he said Saturday.

The White House did not immediately comment on the announcement.

The last known call between the leaders was in July, when Biden pressed Putin to rein in Russia-based criminal hacking gangs launching ransomware attacks against the United States. Biden said the U.S. would take any necessary steps to protect critical infrastructure from any such attacks.

Ransomware attacks have continued since then, though perhaps none has been as alarming as the one from May that targeted a major fuel pipeline and resulted in days of gas shortages in parts of the U.S.

Russia is more adamant than ever that the U.S. guarantees that Ukraine will not be admitted to the NATO military alliance. But NATO’s secretary-general, Jens Stoltenberg, said this past week that Russia has no say in expansion plans by other countries or the alliance. Numerous former U.S. and NATO diplomats say any such Russian demand to Biden would be a nonstarter. ...........

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-europe-russia-ukraine-vladimir-putin-83e399de3cd43eee751553aafb543052

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2021, 06:33:09 pm »
Jen Psaki is on TV right now demonstrating to Russia and the rest of the world that this Administration has no clue on how to deal with this.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2021, 08:00:05 pm »
Jen Psaki is on TV right now demonstrating to Russia and the rest of the world that this Administration has no clue on how to deal with this.
As if they didn't already know ...   **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org