Author Topic: CNN’s Tapper: I Can’t Think of Anything Less American than GOP’s ‘Bigotry Campaign’  (Read 248 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
CNN’s Tapper: I Can’t Think of Anything Less American than GOP’s ‘Bigotry Campaign’

Pam Key 5 Dec 2021

CNN anchor Jake Tapper said Sunday on “State of the Union” that the Republican Party was conducting a “bigotry campaign’  while discussing Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-CO) calling Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) the “jihad squad.”

When asked about death threats, Omar said, “We receive too many to count. There’s a general fear that I have, my staff has, and the community at large has. We constantly hear from so many people across the country where their children’s hijabs have been pulled off. My daughters have experienced this. I have experienced this as a young person in this country. We know what this kind of language that this member is using leads to. We know that the kind of man who leaves that voicemail for a member of Congress is not going to spare a young Muslim girl when he sees her taking the bus or walking home from school or when he runs into her at the grocery store. So we have a responsibility as leaders — words matter. Words can cause violence. She knows that the language that she’s using, the audience that she’s using it for is going to incite violence against myself and my community.”

Tapper said, “I can’t believe that we are here in 2021 in the United States of America. I can’t think of anything less American than this bigotry campaign of Boebert and Marjorie Taylor Greene and others and the complicity of the leaders of the Republican Party who have not said a word. I have nothing but sympathy and empathy for you. We are here to bring attention to this as much as possible.”

Omar said, “I appreciate that. It is shameful.”

Tapper said, “It’s violent. it’s un-American.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/12/05/cnns-tapper-i-cant-think-of-anything-less-american-than-gops-bigotry-campaign/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Death threats.  Gee, Omar, anything like the ones that Rep. Greene has received?  Show us proof, the way she did.  Otherwise, you're just lying out of self-aggrandizement.

And as far as bigotry goes - that's a game the left have a lock on.  Everything you do is based on bigotry, on differentiating people on the basis of specious characteristics such as race, and on degrading and dehumanizing one group because they are "white".

So, WADR, GFY.

Offline mountaineer

There once was a time - long, long ago - when Jake Tapper was a legitimate news reporter.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Slide Rule

There once was a time - long, long ago - when Jake Tapper was a legitimate news reporter.

I think I have found a Geezer older than I.

Good morning.
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline libertasbella

• Libertas Bella: Liberty Is Beautiful
  • Libertas Bella: Liberty Is Beautiful
    • Libertas Bella
Thank goodness CNN is making itself available to tell us what's "American."
DeFi tutorials for noobs and normies. Merchandise for apes and chads who want to share the love with our libertarian clothing and 2nd Amendment shirts
"Liberty is beautiful" for all - only at Libertas Bella.

Offline LegalAmerican

Death threats.  Gee, Omar, anything like the ones that Rep. Greene has received?  Show us proof, the way she did.  Otherwise, you're just lying out of self-aggrandizement.

And as far as bigotry goes - that's a game the left have a lock on.  Everything you do is based on bigotry, on differentiating people on the basis of specious characteristics such as race, and on degrading and dehumanizing one group because they are "white".

So, WADR, GFY.

YES!