Author Topic: Iranian police crack down as protests over dry river turn violent  (Read 151 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Iranian police crack down as protests over dry river turn violent

Protests in Iran turned violent as police cracked down on thousands of people who turned out to demand the revival of a river the government diverted to factories.

Farmers last week protested in Isfahan province along the Zayandeh Rud Riverbed, which dried up after the government diverted the water to factories owned by the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps.

The protests descended into violence Friday as riot police charged the crowd in an effort to break it up and send people home. Officers fired tear gas and pellets into the crowd, injuring around 50 people as the crowd continued anti-regime chants, the National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI) reported. .........

https://www.foxnews.com/world/iran-protests-dry-river-violence-police
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.