Author Topic: White House looks to rein in gas prices ahead of busy travel season  (Read 119 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House looks to rein in gas prices ahead of busy travel season
By Brett Samuels - 11/25/21 06:00 AM EST

The White House is pulling out various stops in an effort to get gas prices under control at the start of what is expected to be a busy holiday travel season.

The administration is tapping into the Strategic Petroleum Reserve, and President Biden has called on the Federal Trade Commission to investigate whether oil companies are responsible for increased prices.

But the focus on gas prices has provided fuel for Republican attacks on Biden’s handling of the economy, and his energy policies in particular, at a time when the White House is hoping to rally support for ambitious climate goals in its roughly $2 trillion spending plan.

AAA predicted this month that 53.4 million people will travel for the Thanksgiving holiday, a 13 percent increase from 2020, when many Americans opted not to travel with coronavirus cases and deaths surging around the country.

The busy travel season to come has put a spotlight on gas prices in particular amid broader concerns about inflation, something the White House has attempted to show it has under control.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/583055-white-house-looks-to-rein-in-gas-prices-ahead-of-busy-travel-season
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: White House looks to rein in gas prices ahead of busy travel season
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2021, 12:26:22 am »
Nice try Joe.  Let's Go Brandon!!

Tapping the Strategic Petroleum Reserve won't do much to curb gas prices, analysts say

Tapping the Strategic Petroleum Reserve won't do much to curb gas prices, analysts say

By Irina Ivanova

November 24, 2021 / 12:18 PM / MoneyWatch

President Joe Biden's announcement that the U.S. and five other countries are tapping their emergency oil supplies is aimed at reassuring consumers that the White House is taking action to curb surging gasoline costs. But energy analysts say the gambit — an unusual use of the country's Strategic Petroleum Reserve — may do little to lower prices at the pump.

The main reason: Although the 50 million additional barrels of crude the U.S. plans to add to the market amounts to the biggest  release of oil in history, that is unlikely to sharply reduce gas prices, experts told CBS MoneyWatch. Even factoring in the additional 20 million to 30 million barrels other countries agreed to release, that's well below the amount of oil the world consumes in a single day.

"We're talking about adding, at best, a day's worth of supply to the global market," Troy Vincent, an analyst at market research firm DTN, told CBS MoneyWatch.............

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/gas-prices-us-strategic-petroleum-reserve-wont-affect/
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline LMAO

Re: White House looks to rein in gas prices ahead of busy travel season
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2021, 01:32:56 am »

The administrations energy policies are having an effect on the price but but also further devaluation of our currency means it takes more dollars to buy oil
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy