Author Topic: Losing Confidence in the Pillars of Our Civilization By Victor Davis Hanson  (Read 235 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Losing Confidence in the Pillars of Our Civilization

Conservatives now have lost their former traditional confidence in many of the pillars of our civilization. And with good reason.

By Victor Davis Hanson
November 24, 2021

Millions of citizens long ago concluded that professional sports, academia, and entertainment were no longer disinterested institutions, but far Left and deliberately hostile to Middle America.

Yet American conservatives still adamantly supported the nation’s traditional investigatory, intelligence, and military agencies—especially when they came under budgetary or cultural attacks.

Not so much anymore.

For the first time in memory, conservatives now connect the FBI hierarchy with bureaucratic bloat, political bias, and even illegality.

In the last five years, the FBI was mostly in the news for the checkered careers of James Comey, Andrew McCabe, Robert Mueller, Lisa Page, and Peter Strzok. Add in the criminality of convicted FBI lawyer Kevin Clinesmith.

The colossal FBI-driven “Russian collusion” hoax was marked by leaking of confidential FBI memos, forged documents, improper surveillance, and serial disinformation.

Prior heads of the CIA and FBI, as well as the director of national intelligence, have at times either not told the truth under oath or claimed amnesia—without legal repercussions.

more
https://amgreatness.com/2021/11/24/losing-confidence-in-the-pillars-of-our-civilization/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Absalom

Losing Confidence in the Pillars of Our Civilization
Conservatives now have lost their former traditional confidence in many of the pillars of our civilization. And with good reason. By Victor Davis Hanson November 24, 2021

Millions of citizens long ago concluded that professional sports, academia, and entertainment were no longer disinterested institutions, but far Left and deliberately hostile to Middle America.
Yet American conservatives still adamantly supported the nation’s traditional investigatory, intelligence, and military agencies—especially when they came under budgetary or cultural attacks. Not so much anymore.
For the first time in memory, conservatives now connect the FBI hierarchy with bloat, political bias, and even illegality.
In the last five years, the FBI was mostly in the news for the checkered careers of James Comey, Andrew McCabe, Robert Mueller, Lisa Page, and Peter Strzok. Add in the criminality of convicted FBI lawyer Kevin Clinesmith.
The colossal FBI-driven “Russian collusion” hoax was marked by leaking of confidential FBI memos, forged documents, improper surveillance, and serial disinformation.
Prior heads of the CIA and FBI, as well as the director of national intelligence, have at times either not told the truth under oath or claimed amnesia—without legal repercussions.
--------------------
xxxxx   hold

Online DB

Even the Salvation Army has collapsed into the woke abyss... Not something I thought I'd ever see.

Very little of what I grew up with that defined America still stands and the collapse is only accelerating.

What cannot continue will not continue. We cannot be far from the end of the line.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Even the Salvation Army has collapsed into the woke abyss... Not something I thought I'd ever see.

Very little of what I grew up with that defined America still stands and the collapse is only accelerating.

What cannot continue will not continue. We cannot be far from the end of the line.

I agree,  However, hold on to your beliefs, hold the Constitution dear, hold on to what you know to be true and make sure that you are prepared as much as you possibly can.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum

Offline Absalom

Conservatives have lost their traditional confidence in many of the pillars of our civilization with good reason.
By Victor Davis Hanson November 24, 2021
---------------------------------
Two core Premises:
* Natural Law, uncovered by logic and reason, involves the Moral Order derived from Human Nature.
* Principled Conservatism is a core of enduring nostrums involving Man's attitudes, behaviors,
   impulses and sentiments completely divorced and independent of economics, politics and religion.

Offline LegalAmerican

All the LEFTS and N.T.S running into the abyss.....Although, I don't see much of a difference between the two.