Author Topic: Salvation Army wants white donors to offer a "sincere apology" for their racism  (Read 4037 times)

Online DB

I'm shocked to find that everything posted about the Salvation Army on this board is true.  As a matter of fact I received a letter from them today asking for money.  It's going straight in the trash.  I guess this year I'll be supporting more of our local non-profits.

Sooooo disappointing....

Yes it is. Another anchor of civilization destroyed.

Online mountaineer

The Salvation Army's Response to False Claims on the Topic of Racism

Nov 25, 2021

The holidays are a welcome reminder of the things we are grateful for—and for the power of service on behalf of those who are less fortunate. The Salvation Army mission statement clearly outlines the nature of our service:  to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and meet human needs in His name without discrimination. The beliefs that motivate our service are based solely on the Bible, and that will never change.

But although we remain committed to serving everyone in need—regardless of their beliefs, backgrounds, or lifestyle—some individuals and groups have recently attempted to mislabel our organization to serve their own agendas. They have claimed that we believe our donors should apologize for their skin color, that The Salvation Army believes America is an inherently racist society, and that we have abandoned our Christian faith for one ideology or another.

Those claims are simply false, and they distort the very goal of our work.

The truth is that The Salvation Army believes that racism is fundamentally incompatible with Christianity, and that we are called by God to work toward a world where all people are loved, accepted, and valued. Our positional statement on racism makes this clear. These beliefs and goals are critically important because we know that racism exists, and we are determined to do everything the Bible asks of us to overcome it.

The Salvation Army occasionally publishes internal study guides on various complex topics to help foster positive conversations and grace-filled reflection among Salvationists. By openly discussing these issues, we always hope to encourage the development of a more thoughtful organization that is better positioned to support those in need. But no one is being told how to think. Period.

In this case, the guide “Let’s Talk About Racism,” was issued as a voluntary resource, but it has since become a focus of controversy. We have done our best to provide accurate information, but unfortunately, some have chosen to ignore those efforts. At the same time, International Headquarters realized that certain aspects of the guide may need to be clarified.

Consequently, for both reasons, the International Social Justice Commission has now withdrawn the guide for appropriate review.

We at The Salvation Army remain undeterred in our mission because we are confident in the power of the gospel, and because millions of vulnerable Americans need our help. And we remain deeply grateful for the support of a generous public—people from all walks of life and from all parts of the country—who help us meet human need wherever it exists. Our supporters know that ours is a message of love, even for those who disagree or attack us. That is the model set by Christ, and we strive to follow it every day.

May God bless you, and Merry Christmas.

:whistle:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Nov 25, 2021

The holidays are a welcome reminder of the things we are grateful for—and for the power of service on behalf of those who are less fortunate. The Salvation Army mission statement clearly outlines the nature of our service:  to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and meet human needs in His name without discrimination. The beliefs that motivate our service are based solely on the Bible, and that will never change.

But although we remain committed to serving everyone in need—regardless of their beliefs, backgrounds, or lifestyle—some individuals and groups have recently attempted to mislabel our organization to serve their own agendas. They have claimed that we believe our donors should apologize for their skin color, that The Salvation Army believes America is an inherently racist society, and that we have abandoned our Christian faith for one ideology or another.

The truth is that The Salvation Army believes that racism is fundamentally incompatible with Christianity, and that we are called by God to work toward a world where all people are loved, accepted, and valued. Our positional statement on racism makes this clear. These beliefs and goals are critically important because we know that racism exists, and we are determined to do everything the Bible asks of us to overcome it.

The Salvation Army occasionally publishes internal study guides on various complex topics to help foster positive conversations and grace-filled reflection among Salvationists. By openly discussing these issues, we always hope to encourage the development of a more thoughtful organization that is better positioned to support those in need. But no one is being told how to think. Period.

In this case, the guide “Let’s Talk About Racism,” was issued as a voluntary resource, but it has since become a focus of controversy. We have done our best to provide accurate information, but unfortunately, some have chosen to ignore those efforts. At the same time, International Headquarters realized that certain aspects of the guide may need to be clarified.

Consequently, for both reasons, the International Social Justice Commission has now withdrawn the guide for appropriate review.

We at The Salvation Army remain undeterred in our mission because we are confident in the power of the gospel, and because millions of vulnerable Americans need our help. And we remain deeply grateful for the support of a generous public—people from all walks of life and from all parts of the country—who help us meet human need wherever it exists. Our supporters know that ours is a message of love, even for those who disagree or attack us. That is the model set by Christ, and we strive to follow it every day.

Gog caught and saw donations tanking.  Trying to right the ship.  Failed.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LegalAmerican

Right.......they just want the money!   

Online DB

Nov 25, 2021

Their own "Social Justice" document says otherwise in no uncertain terms. They have not denied the document - only that the interpretation of the document is wrong.

I don't think so.

Offline LegalAmerican

Their own "Social Justice" document says otherwise in no uncertain terms. They have not denied the document - only that the interpretation of the document is wrong.

I don't think so.

:thumbsup:

Online SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker

Nov 25, 2021

"We have done our best to provide accurate information, but unfortunately, some have chosen to ignore..."  Gaslighting 101.  It's now my fault for correctly interpreting the "accurate information" as an anti-white screed?  Screw that...
My wife was dumbstruck when I mentioned this to her last night, had been waiting for more information to come out.  Well, this is that.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
"We have done our best to provide accurate information, but unfortunately, some have chosen to ignore..."  Gaslighting 101.  It's now my fault for correctly interpreting the "accurate information" as an anti-white screed?  Screw that...
My wife was dumbstruck when I mentioned this to her last night, had been waiting for more information to come out.  Well, this is that.

Same here.   Now we see their true "colors".   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline goatprairie

"International Headquarters realized that certain aspects of the guide may need to be clarified."

Here's something they can clarify......my upthrust middle finger.  9999hair out0000

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Now we see their true "colors".
A good summary of what they are.

Divide people is their priority.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline LegalAmerican

This is the trouble with all the DO-GOODERS....NWO indoctrination. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I have nothing but contempt for the Salvation Army. I went to them in the mid-70's when I was broke,homeless,and too sick and injured to work,and just asked for a meal.

They insisted I had to pray for the meal,despite me telling them I am Agnostic. Bleep them and the pious asses they rode in on.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mountaineer

SA has two jobs, basically: preach the gospel and help people in need. They've lost sight of their mission. Social justice is not part of it.

Offline Idiot

SA has two jobs, basically: preach the gospel and help people in need. They've lost sight of their mission. Social justice is not part of it.
:amen:

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.

Sad to learn of their sinking into the abyss.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Sad to learn of their sinking into the abyss.

I was hoping this thing was a hoax, but from I read, I see no denial, and a tepid and likely brief retraction after they were finding out it was hitting the fan. 

Quoting Trump....  Everything woke turns to shit.  And that red bucket might as well be a shit can, all I care.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

Here is the pamphlet, in case anyone is interested:  Let's Talk About Racism

Sixty-seven pages of critical race theory.  The word 'white' appears 119 times.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
From the phamphlet:

Race is not biological. It is a social construct.
There is no gene or cluster of genes common
to all Blacks or all Whites. Were race ‘real’ in the
genetic sense, racial classifications for individuals
would remain constant across boundaries. Yet,
a person who could be categorized as Black in
the USA might be considered White in Brazil
or colored in South Africa.

Well, that lost me right there.
There are groups of physical characteristics which are common to specific races, and those characteristics are expressions of genetic makeup.
So, wrong, no matter how those characteristics are defined in individual cultures.
This is just more of that Woke-assed nonsense being slathered about.

Either the SA cleans house, gets back to being what it was, or it will go the way of the Red Cross on my donation list (off it, permanently). I'll give them a couple of years o think about it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Slide Rule

Sounds like the Salvation Army is taking a dump where it lives.

So long brother.
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online roamer_1

Anyone that has an 'International Social Justice Commission' does not deserve to be believed.

Online Kamaji

:thumbsup:

Online Kamaji

Those should be made dollar-bill-sized, so they can be printed out and dumped into the red bucket.

Online mountaineer

I've printed and folded them so I might easily drop them in the kettle. Unfortunately, there's no kettle yet at my Kroger.