Author Topic: Jury reaches verdict in trial of three men in killing of Ahmaud Arbery Breaking  (Read 821 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
The men face charges of malice murder, felony murder, aggravated assault, false imprisonment and criminal attempt to commit a felony.

Nov. 24, 2021, 1:23 PM EST
The jury has reached a verdict in the trial of Travis McMichael and his father, Gregory, and their neighbor, William "Roddie" Bryan.

The three men, who are white, each face charges of malice murder, felony murder, aggravated assault, false imprisonment and criminal attempt to commit a felony in the shooting death of Ahmaud Arbery, 25, who was Black, on Feb. 23, 2020, in Georgia.

They face up to life in prison if convicted of the more serious charges.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/jury-reaches-verdict-trial-three-men-killing-ahmaud-arbery-n1284316
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline goatprairie

Guilty.  :thumbsup:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

So, the white jurors are not racists?

So, the court system is not systemically racist?

So, it's the people in positions of authority who may be the racists?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline mrclose

Former police officer and friend of Candace Owens ..

"I WAS WRONG ABOUT AHMAUD ARBERY"
(Opinion:Not guilty)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gma9ggYQf2o&t=322s
« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 07:21:39 pm by mrclose »
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Online LMAO

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online DB

I didn't see the trial so I don't know all the details.

What I remember seeing when this happened looked like these people were guilty as hell.

I know if some yahoos with guns were chasing me down a public street I wouldn't be very cooperative with them. Just the opposite. Arbery was in shorts and a T shirt jogging. How does one steal things of any value from a construction site dressed that way and it not be obvious? If they really thought he was a thief they could have easily called the police and kept their distance.

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
Even after the verdict is in their favor the crowd was chanting - No Justice no peace. Whose court our court. Shut it down!
"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."  Ronald Reagan

Offline Right_in_Virginia

They face life in prision.  The judge decides if it's with or without the possibility of parole.

Even after the verdict is in their favor the crowd was chanting - No Justice no peace. Whose court our court. Shut it down!

Time to move the Ferguson statues.

Online LMAO

What I remember seeing when this happened looked like these people were guilty as hell.

I know if some yahoos with guns were chasing me down a public street I wouldn't be very cooperative with them. Just the opposite. Arbery was in shorts and a T shirt jogging. How does one steal things of any value from a construction site dressed that way and it not be obvious? If they really thought he was a thief they could have easily called the police and kept their distance.

It look like Arbery was caught on camera at the construction site. It would have been  easier to take that video to the local sheriff and had him investigate

Instead, they decided to take the law in their own hands and now they’re paying the price
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online DB

It look like Arbery was caught on camera at the construction site. It would have been  easier to take that video to the local sheriff and had him investigate

Instead, they decided to take the law in their own hands and now they’re paying the price

Did he cause any damage in those photos?

I've wandered through a few construction sites when no one was there out of curiosity on homes near my own. To see what my neighbors were building.

Online LMAO

Did he cause any damage in those photos?

I've wandered through a few construction sites when no one was there out of curiosity on homes near my own. To see what my neighbors were building.

@DB

No. And there was no evidence whatsoever that he was committing a crime. Maybe trespassing. But that’s something that any local sheriff can take care of

I admit in my younger years I’ve gone to construction sites and looked  to see what they were building. Thank God there were no yahoos with shotguns

This not like the Rittenhouse case where he was clearly defending himself. I think that was one of their defenses. These guys took the law in their own hands
« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 08:54:45 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline LegalAmerican

Oh, no.  Both McMichles are innocent.  The 3rd, guy was the one taking a video.  Why?

Online mountaineer

Not sure what they want now. He's dead. Who's going to bring him back to life?
President Joe Biden released a statement following the conclusion of the Ahmaud Arbery case, praising the guilty verdicts while adding they were "not enough."   ...

Vice President Kamala Harris, the nation's first black, female and Asian-American to hold the office, weighed in as well later in the afternoon.

"Today, the jury rendered its verdicts and the three defendants were found guilty of murdering Ahmaud Arbery," she said. "Still, we feel the weight of grief. Ahmaud Arbery should be alive, and nothing can take away the pain that his mother Wanda Cooper-Jones, his father Marcus Arbery, and the entire Arbery family and community feel today. I share in that pain." ...

Biden noted the case's wider implications in his statement.

"While the guilty verdicts reflect our justice system doing its job, that alone is not enough," the president said. "Instead, we must recommit ourselves to building a future of unity and shared strength, where no one fears violence because of the color of their skin. My administration will continue to do the hard work to ensure that equal justice under law is not just a phrase emblazoned in stone above the Supreme Court, but a reality for all Americans."

Harris echoed the sentiment.

"These verdicts send an important message, but the fact remains that we still have work to do," she said. "The defense counsel chose to set a tone that cast the attendance of ministers at the trial as intimidation and dehumanized a young Black man with racist tropes. The jury arrived at its verdicts despite these tactics." ...
Washington Examiner

This isn't about justice. It never is with these two.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 08:51:03 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online LMAO

They face life in prision.  The judge decides if it's with or without the possibility of parole.

A 17 year old kid conducted himself much better in a precarious situation(Rittenhouse) than three adults

It’s my understanding one of these guys was a retired police officer who should’ve known better

Barry Goldwater

Online mountaineer

It’s my understanding one of these guys was a retired police officer who should’ve known better
They all should have known better. Unlike the Rittenhouse case, this guy did not pose an immediate threat to their safety, even if he was planning to commit some burglaries.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

They all should have known better. Unlike the Rittenhouse case, this guy did not pose an immediate threat to their safety, even if he was planning to commit some burglaries.

And then these jackasses record the chase .....

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joe Biden: Guilty Verdicts in Ahmaud Arbery Case ‘Not Enough’ in Fight for Racial Justice

“While the guilty verdicts reflect our justice system doing its job, that alone is not enough,” Joe Biden wrote in a statement after the verdict was announced.

Charlie Spiering24 Nov 2021, 12:58 PM PST

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/11/24/jjoe-biden-guilty-verdicts-in-ahmaud-arbery-case-not-enough-in-fight-for-racial-justice/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline goatprairie

So, the white jurors are not racists?

So, the court system is not systemically racist?

So, it's the people in positions of authority who may be the racists?
The leftist commenters on many lib sites are still not happy.
"Well so  what....there's still thousands of innocent black people being railroaded."
Even an almost white jury that found those morons guilty on almost all the counts was enough to stop the leftists from condemning the American justice system.
Many of them even argued that without the video evidence, they wouldn't have been convicted. Yeah. like nobody has ever been convicted of a crime without video evidence.

Offline goatprairie

Unfortunately, many supposed conservatives actually believe the white idiots claim of acting in self defense. For crying out loud, they chased after a guy who was running down the street, forcibly stopped him, pointed loaded guns at him, and ended up shooting him dead.
I posed the question to a number of people defending the McMorons: how would they like it if somebody cornered them, pointed guns at them, and they ended up dead trying to get away or get the gun away from the shooters?
You just can't get in a car on a suspicion of a crime, hunt somebody down, point a loaded gun at them, and expect to get away with it if the person ends up dead from your gun. And they weren't leos either.
The McMichaels had no case whatsoever. Guilty as hell.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Sounds like juries on high profile cases are on a roll.  Kudos to the juries in both the Rittenhouse and Arbery cases. 

The justice system works as long as the left wing and their lackeys don't f with it.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LegalAmerican

Wrong. Abrey, came up to the stopped truck.  Abrey started hitting Travis in the face and grabbed for the rifle barrel.  They fought. Abrey was not jogging.  Wearing timberline boots.  It was not a construction site.  A home was being renovated.  They had many videos of Abrey (5?)  in the house in the wee hours of the morning.  I was not a public street. Abrey had no business being there.  He lived about 30 miles away, with mom and no job, with many PRIORS starting at age 13, with having an illegal gun.  They were trying to detain him, till the police could come and question. That was their intent.  Right. Call the police. Have you ever done that?  HOURS...GO BY.  I hope an appeal in a different venue is found. This is so wrong.  MEDIA...at it again and you bought the lies.  Abrey was the attacker. If he was innocent, he would not have acted like he did with aggression.  Assaulting Travis. 

Abrey went inside the house to case it, and see if anything was left, laying around.  A WATCH, A TOOL, A WALLET. 

Online DB

Wrong. Abrey, came up to the stopped truck.  Abrey started hitting Travis in the face and grabbed for the rifle barrel.  They fought. Abrey was not jogging.  Wearing timberline boots.  It was not a construction site.  A home was being renovated.  They had many videos of Abrey (5?)  in the house in the wee hours of the morning.  I was not a public street. Abrey had no business being there.  He lived about 30 miles away, with mom and no job, with many PRIORS starting at age 13, with having an illegal gun.  They were trying to detain him, till the police could come and question. That was their intent.  Right. Call the police. Have you ever done that?  HOURS...GO BY.  I hope an appeal in a different venue is found. This is so wrong.  MEDIA...at it again and you bought the lies.  Abrey was the attacker. If he was innocent, he would not have acted like he did with aggression.  Assaulting Travis. 

Abrey went inside the house to case it, and see if anything was left, laying around.  A WATCH, A TOOL, A WALLET.

They chased him and setup a road block to stop him. All with zero evidence of an actual crime.

Offline LegalAmerican

Unfortunately, many supposed conservatives actually believe the white idiots claim of acting in self defense. For crying out loud, they chased after a guy who was running down the street, forcibly stopped him, pointed loaded guns at him, and ended up shooting him dead.
I posed the question to a number of people defending the McMorons: how would they like it if somebody cornered them, pointed guns at them, and they ended up dead trying to get away or get the gun away from the shooters?
You just can't get in a car on a suspicion of a crime, hunt somebody down, point a loaded gun at them, and expect to get away with it if the person ends up dead from your gun. And they weren't leos either.
The McMichaels had no case whatsoever. Guilty as hell.

Wrong.  They were stopped, standing by the truck and Abrey came around and HIT TRAVIS IS THE FACE, THEN GRABBED the rifle barrel, which was DOWN and not pointing at anyone.  NO GUNS WERE POINTED AT ABREY. Abrey was in a renovated house, about 5 times, in the wee hours of the morning.  WHY?  Looking for leftover watch, ring, tool, what?  You just created your fiction story. It amazes me how people do that.  They just wanted to talk to him, till police could come. ABREY also had many priors starting at age 13, using an illegal gun. Lived with mom, no job. Not jogging. Casing the place.

McMICHALES....INNOCENT AS HEAVEN.   That other guy, I have no idea why he was there.  Ambulance chaser? I read he was an attorney.  Why so many TRUMPED UP CHARGES?  HOPING SOME DIRT WOULD STICK?  The jury was afraid to say the truth in GEORGIA.  A most corrupt state.  I've been there.  Peachtree plaza.