Author Topic: Colorado State Board Slammed for Dropping ‘Negative’ Sex Offender Label: ‘This Is the Left’s America  (Read 297 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Colorado State Board Slammed for Dropping ‘Negative’ Sex Offender Label: ‘This Is the Left’s America’

Joshua Klein 23 Nov 2021

The state of Colorado is set to drop references to “sex offenders” from its vocabulary in its standards and guidelines for clinical treatments and guiding principles, due to the label’s “negative” undertones, after board officials voted to no longer recognize the term in treatment provider contexts.

Colorado’s Sex Offender Management Board, which sets state standards, voted to replace the term “sex offenders” on Friday.

The board, which is comprised of public defenders and prosecutors, handles the guidelines for treatment providers and the rehabilitation and monitoring of those labeled “sex offenders” and concluded it is improper to refer to such offenders in that context.

In an effort to “facilitate change,” the board argued that studies suggest the label “sex offender” creates “negative effects” during rehabilitation and leads to the ostracization of past offenders, according to the Denver Post.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/11/23/colorado-state-board-slammed-dropping-negative-sex-offenders-label/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I gotta suggestion? How about "BABY RAPERS"?

I have a better suggestion, but I'll refrain from suggesting anything that could be used against me.

But if anyone has watched an episode of Dexter you might be thinking in the same vein...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis