Author Topic: Matthew McConaughey is frontrunner for Texas governor: Hollywood star is ahead of Greg Abbott by EIG  (Read 1229 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
He quit!

https://nypost.com/2021/11/28/matthew-mcconaughey-says-he-will-not-run-for-texas-governor/

Matthew McConaughey, 52, announced Sunday night that he will not run for governor of Texas, ahead of a Dec. 13 deadline to file for the Republican or Democratic primary or to declare as an independent candidate.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Looks like its going to be master skate boarder Beatoff.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Hoodat

Not running.

So McConaughey didn't want to be a Democrat Party puppet?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

Dwain Johnson is talking about running for President...

No need for any actual accomplishments other than a giant ego with millions of fawning fans...

I work with a woman who she, her brother, and sister had a chance to meet Dwayne Johnson. Said he was a great guy and really nice to them

Didn’t he back  George Bush and Dick Cheney in 2000?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 07:37:19 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Hoodat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-u8xMCOrHg

The best thing McConaughey can do to help himself and others is to learn how to think critically, and develop some logic and reason skills.  Maybe then will he realize that allying himself with Democrats is helping misery to proliferate.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
The best thing McConaughey can do to help himself and others is to learn how to think critically, and develop some logic and reason skills.  Maybe then will he realize that allying himself with Democrats is helping misery to proliferate.

Critical thinking?  With Reagan as an excpection, 99% of actors are trained parrots with varying levels of skills and talent around mimicry.

The infusion of "celebrity" as a qualification for higher office is maybe the most destructive political trend we've had the past 50 years.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Absalom

. Critical thinking? 
With Reagan as an exception, 99% of actors are trained parrots with varying levels of skills and talent around mimicry.
The infusion of "celebrity" as a qualification for higher office is the most destructive political trend we've had in 50 years.
----------------------------
Intuitive.
The protocols of the Greek Assembly and Roman Senate barred these types
from serving as the Ancients understood that Freedom cannot be unrestrained.
Yet we moderns assert we are the greatest? Hysterical laughter!!!

Online cato potatoe

So McConaughey didn't want to be a Democrat Party puppet?

Gov. Grabbit may have promised him something in return for staying out.  Maybe a lifetime supply of wacky tabacky.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I work with a woman who she, her brother, and sister had a chance to meet Dwayne Johnson. Said he was a great guy and really nice to them

Don't know about backing Bush/Cheney but he pissed all over himself complimenting Captain Dementia when he endorsed him, that dropped Johnson a whole lot of pegs in my opinion.

Offline EdinVA

All of the hollyweird creatures are nice when they want you to buy their tickets...