Author Topic: If the Vaccines Work, Why Aren't They Working?  (Read 348 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
If the Vaccines Work, Why Aren't They Working?
« on: November 22, 2021, 02:39:31 pm »
November 22, 2021
If the Vaccines Work, Why Aren't They Working?
By Brian C. Joondeph, M.D.

In the movie Moneyball, Oakland Athletics general manager Billy Beane queries his team of scouts when discussing a prospective player, “If he's a good hitter, why doesn't he hit good?” The scouts all have solid explanations, at least in their minds, of why a prospect might be a good hitter, from the sound of the crack of the bat when they hit the ball to the player’s good looks.

These explain why the player should be a good hitter, but what if the numbers, from batting average to on-base percentage, tell a different story? The question Billy poses is obvious in its simplicity, good hitters should hit good. And if they don’t, then perhaps they are not really good hitters.

What if we ask the same question about COVID vaccines, rephrased as “If the vaccines work, why aren’t they working?”

This is the time when I must add the necessary disclaimer that I am not anti-vaccine, having been personally fully vaccinated almost a year ago. Nor am I offering medical advice, only an analysis of current news of COVID cases rising in many highly vaccinated locales, seemingly against common sense.

Some readers have asked why such a disclaimer is necessary. I am a practicing physician, although I don’t treat COVID patients, administer vaccines, or offer medical advice regarding COVID to my retina patients. But today, just having an opinion can be hazardous to one’s livelihood.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2021/11/if_the_vaccines_work_why_arent_they_working.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

Re: If the Vaccines Work, Why Aren't They Working?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2021, 02:47:53 pm »
The bar was significantly lowered some time ago on the efficacy of the mRNA jabs.  No longer considered a preventative (i.e. a  vaccine), the jabs have been relegated to being a treatment, in that the symptoms of Covid will be diminished for people who have taken the jab.

Even this last part isn't true, but that is what their argument has been reduced to, nonetheless.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2021, 03:01:08 pm »
Instead of following the data, the alleged scientists made predictions out their butts that were wrong.

The hopium was that the vaccines would prevent infection.  They failed to live up to that expectation.  They've lowered the bar to preventing death and hospitalization ... which is still a benefit and savings ... but not the end of the pandemic that they originally sold us.

The virus is evolving more rapidly that our ability to understand it.

Two in-laws got the J&J vaccine in the Spring, and they contracted Covid over the Labor Day weekend.  Both were symptomatic, but neither required hospitalization.

My 82 year old father and step-mother got one of the mRNA vaccines.  They contracted Covid this Fall from their presence in a Florida emergency room waiting area as Covid patients were being brought in the hospital by ambulance.  Both were asymptomatic and neither required hospitalization.

The vaccines offer the possibility of a more favorable medical outcome from infection, but they have not lived up to the hopium of preventing infection.

I got boosted last week.  Anything that puts the odds more in my favor is worth consideration.  The alternative is that I accept the probability of dying alone, on a ventilator, in a Hospital Intensive Care Unit.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 03:02:54 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2021, 03:02:22 pm »
Even the definition of "vaccine" has been changed!  I used to be to prevent one from getting a disease, now it is to lessen the effects of a disease (same as s therapeutic).
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2021, 03:07:14 pm »
Instead of following the data, the alleged scientists made predictions out their butts that were wrong.

The hopium was that the vaccines would prevent infection.  They failed to live up to that expectation.  They've lowered the bar to preventing death and hospitalization ... which is still a benefit and savings ... but not the end of the pandemic that they originally sold us.

The virus is evolving more rapidly that our ability to understand it.

Two in-laws got the J&J vaccine in the Spring, and they contracted Covid over the Labor Day weekend.  Both were symptomatic, but neither required hospitalization.

My 82 year old father and step-mother got one of the mRNA vaccines.  They contracted Covid this Fall from their presence in a Florida emergency room waiting area as Covid patients were being brought in the hospital by ambulance.  Both were asymptomatic and neither required hospitalization.

The vaccines offer the possibility of a more favorable medical outcome from infection, but they have not lived up to the hopium of preventing infection.

I got boosted last week.  Anything that puts the odds more in my favor is worth consideration.  The alternative is that I accept the probability of dying alone, on a ventilator, in a Hospital Intensive Care Unit.
Yet no one other than Rand Paul seem interested in holding the runt virologist and his Chinese business partners responsible for inflicting this major societal dislocation on us.

Calling it a major dislocation is a major understatement. What Covid has made possible may very well mean the end of this country.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2021, 03:19:27 pm »

Fauci is wrong to make predictions.  When he does that, he peddles false hopium.

The shots are safe for most people, and help prevent hospitalization and death for people with uncompromised immune systems.

It improves my odds of surviving infections, but it does not prevent infection.

There is value, but the shots have not lived up to the false hopium of preventing infection and ending the pandemic.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2021, 03:45:50 pm »
There is one thing we all know,and one thing *I* am wondering about.

1: At BEST,the vaccines only seem to work sometimes

2: With ANY other scandal,or even the suspiscion of a scandal,there would be independent media reporters scrablming to investigate this and publish the research they find.

This is NOT happening,and there MUST be a reason WHY it is not happening.

MY personal SUSPISCION,and NOT to be confused with FACT,is that the US media is now owned by the left,and the left is NOT amused when/if one of their minions goes off-track and publishes anti-vaccine stories. The result is that at a MINIMUM any reporter that reports on it accurately becomes unemployable. There may even be more harsh punishments,but that is just speculation at this point.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2021, 03:50:50 pm »
Abstract 10712: Mrna COVID Vaccines Dramatically Increase Endothelial Inflammatory Markers and ACS Risk as Measured by the PULS Cardiac Test: a Warning

Steven R Gundry
Originally published 8 Nov 2021
Circulation. 2021;144:A10712

Abstract

Our group has been using the PLUS Cardiac Test (GD Biosciences, Inc, Irvine, CA) a clinically validated measurement of multiple protein biomarkers which generates a score predicting the 5 yr risk (percentage chance) of a new Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS). The score is based on changes from the norm of multiple protein biomarkers including IL-16, a proinflammatory cytokine, soluble Fas, an inducer of apoptosis, and Hepatocyte Growth Factor (HGF)which serves as a marker for chemotaxis of T-cells into epithelium and cardiac tissue, among other markers. Elevation above the norm increases the PULS score, while decreases below the norm lowers the PULS score.The score has been measured every 3-6 months in our patient population for 8 years. Recently, with the advent of the mRNA COVID 19 vaccines (vac) by Moderna and Pfizer, dramatic changes in the PULS score became apparent in most patients.This report summarizes those results. A total of 566 pts, aged 28 to 97, M:F ratio 1:1 seen in a preventive cardiology practice had a new PULS test drawn from 2 to 10 weeks following the 2nd COVID shot and was compared to the previous PULS score drawn 3 to 5 months previously pre- shot. Baseline IL-16 increased from 35=/-20 above the norm to 82 =/- 75 above the norm post-vac; sFas increased from 22+/- 15 above the norm to 46=/-24 above the norm post-vac; HGF increased from 42+/-12 above the norm to 86+/-31 above the norm post-vac. These changes resulted in an increase of the PULS score from 11% 5 yr ACS risk to 25% 5 yr ACS risk. At the time of this report, these changes persist for at least 2.5 months post second dose of vac.We conclude that the mRNA vacs dramatically increase inflammation on the endothelium and T cell infiltration of cardiac muscle and may account for the observations of increased thrombosis, cardiomyopathy, and other vascular events following vaccination...

-- excerpt, rest at link above --
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2021, 03:52:21 pm »
@DefiantMassRINO

You  DO present a reasonable argument,but your argument leaves me with this one question,which is "IF that is true,WHY doesn't the goobermint state that? If would take nothing away from their quest to turn us all into non-thinking robots,and actually give them some of the credibality they have lost.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2021, 03:55:05 pm »
There is one thing we all know,and one thing *I* am wondering about.

1: At BEST,the vaccines only seem to work sometimes

2: With ANY other scandal,or even the suspiscion of a scandal,there would be independent media reporters scrablming to investigate this and publish the research they find.

This is NOT happening,and there MUST be a reason WHY it is not happening.

MY personal SUSPISCION,and NOT to be confused with FACT,is that the US media is now owned by the left,and the left is NOT amused when/if one of their minions goes off-track and publishes anti-vaccine stories. The result is that at a MINIMUM any reporter that reports on it accurately becomes unemployable. There may even be more harsh punishments,but that is just speculation at this point.
Flawlessly logical. SO 20th century.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2021, 04:10:43 pm »
Abstract 10712: Mrna COVID Vaccines Dramatically Increase Endothelial Inflammatory Markers and ACS Risk as Measured by the PULS Cardiac Test: a Warning

Steven R Gundry
Originally published 8 Nov 2021
Circulation. 2021;144:A10712

Abstract

Our group has been using the PLUS Cardiac Test (GD Biosciences, Inc, Irvine, CA) a clinically validated measurement of multiple protein biomarkers which generates a score predicting the 5 yr risk (percentage chance) of a new Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS). The score is based on changes from .  .  .

Just another item to be banned from Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2021, 04:42:17 pm »
And a follow-up:

If the vaccines don't work, why continue all the other restrictions, which, I might remind all of those involved, were only supposed to be temporary? It's clear the contact tracing, house arrest, test-and-trace, and other containment measures are ineffective... and shutting down gatherings is unconstitutional, not to mention impossible.

Is it because the hospitals keep taking sick patients despite having no real treatments once they get to that point, clogging up bed capacity? That was the biggest mistake of this whole fiasco. Hospitals should have turned patients away.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2021, 04:44:58 pm »
Is it because the hospitals keep taking sick patients despite having no real treatments .  .  . 

Is it because the hospitals keep taking sick patients despite having no real treatments that they are willing to offer.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2021, 06:09:26 pm »
Is it because the hospitals keep taking sick patients despite having no real treatments that they are willing to offer.
Even assuming that's true, pretty much every alleged treatment out there says you have to administer it early, before hospitalization. By the time it gets that bad, you pretty much are left to fate.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2021, 06:14:05 pm »
Even assuming that's true, pretty much every alleged treatment out there says you have to administer it early, before hospitalization. By the time it gets that bad, you pretty much are left to fate.

Early treatment is definitely the key.  But even after hospitalization, there are hospitals that have been willing to provide these treatments.  And these hospitals have shown an extraordinary recovery rate compared to the ones who refuse.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2021, 10:14:57 pm »
Flawlessly logical. SO 20th century.

@skeeter

Thank you!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2021, 11:33:04 pm »
Is it because the hospitals keep taking sick patients despite having no real treatments once they get to that point, clogging up bed capacity? That was the biggest mistake of this whole fiasco. Hospitals should have turned patients away.

No, and no....

Therapeutics are highly effective as demonstrated in Africa and India where Hydroxychloroquine is readily available and used, and in Ecuador and incidental points in central and south America where ivermectin has been used to the same effect.

And as for hospitals, that is a plain demonstration of their inability to apply scalability to their processes - a production fault and not necessarily caused by the fact of viral spread being overwhelming. They are overwhelmed because their systems suck.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2021, 12:17:35 am »
No, and no....

Therapeutics are highly effective as demonstrated in Africa and India where Hydroxychloroquine is readily available and used, and in Ecuador and incidental points in central and south America where ivermectin has been used to the same effect.

And as for hospitals, that is a plain demonstration of their inability to apply scalability to their processes - a production fault and not necessarily caused by the fact of viral spread being overwhelming. They are overwhelmed because their systems suck.

Agreed ... the 'system' has much to be desired and has gotten worse since the pandemic.

My husband was in the hospital last week with an infection. He was on IV antibiotics.  I went up to see him and he was still running a fever.  I looked at his IV line and it was backed up and the antibiotic line had  been pulled!!  Long story short, I was told by the nurse that she was waiting for a 'team' to run another line, then she lied saying she never stopped the iv.....I go up later on and there's a group of medical staff standing in the hallway laughing it up having a good ole time not doing a dang thing.

The ER by the way had all of 2 patients in the waiting room, so it's not like the hospitals right now are overwhelmed around here.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2021, 12:24:19 am »
We must have Faith we must Believe we must have Trust in those who are working so hard for Us.  Without these things the Vaccine will not have the strength to work for those in need.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2021, 12:37:42 am »
Agreed ... the 'system' has much to be desired and has gotten worse since the pandemic.

Typical calcified systems since hospitals went corporate. Corporations are notoriously protocol heavy and slow to turn. They simply cannot act nimbly.

Offline corbe

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2021, 12:40:49 am »
              Follow the $$$$$$

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.