Author Topic: Meadows slams McCarthy and suggests Trump should be elected speaker if Republicans win House  (Read 231 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Meadows slams McCarthy and suggests Trump should be elected speaker if Republicans win House

Former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows blasted House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy's leadership style on Thursday, suggesting that if Republicans win control of the House next year, the party should install former President Donald Trump as its next speaker.
"They're not skating to where the puck is. And so I would give them a grade of a 'D,'" Meadows said of the House Republican leadership during an appearance on Florida GOP Rep. Matt Gaetz's podcast. "I believe that on this tactic and strategy -- listen, you need to make Democrats take tough votes. You need to make sure that when you've got them on the ropes that you don't throw in the white towel."
Meadows, a Republican from North Carolina who was serving in the House before Trump picked him to be his top aide in 2020, said in a separate appearance on a podcast hosted by Trump ally Steve Bannon that he "would love to see the gavel go from (House Speaker) Nancy Pelosi to Donald Trump."

"You talk about melting down, people would go crazy," he said. ...........

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/18/politics/mark-meadows-trump-house-speaker/index.html
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Killer Clouds

These are projections that should be done in silence. The GOP needs to get a majority in the house and a super majority in the senate first. This is the kind of talk that scares independents, never trumpers and possibly demonrat voter that are ready to switch sides.

Online Hoodat

I'd put Trump in as Speaker just to force Pelosi to hand the gavel over to him.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
These are projections that should be done in silence. The GOP needs to get a majority in the house and a super majority in the senate first. This is the kind of talk that scares independents, never trumpers and possibly demonrat voter that are ready to switch sides.

And it communicates to those constituencies that we are more interested in triggering emotional melt-downs among the enemy than in solving the country's problems.  I like to see the Ds and media (but I repeat myself) melt down just as much as the next conservative, but seeing those melt-downs really is not the objective here.  The objective is to restore cultural sanity and constitutional governance.

If we succeed in that the melt-downs will come; if we focus only on the melt-downs we won't achieve the objective.
James 1:20

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

Why? Why should conservatives tip toe around Independent and Never Trumpers and those that may switch parties? 

Conservatism needs to be proclaimed loud and clear and clearly defined as the alternative to what we have in Congress now which is a bunch of RINO's, liberals, progressives and marxists!   
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Killer Clouds

Why? Why should conservatives tip toe around Independent and Never Trumpers and those that may switch parties? 

Conservatism needs to be proclaimed loud and clear and clearly defined as the alternative to what we have in Congress now which is a bunch of RINO's, liberals, progressives and marxists!
Conservatism does need to be proclaimed. The talk of bringing Trump back need to be kept quiet. What Meadows is talking about is trying to get Trump back in the Whitehouse before 2024.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 03:57:50 pm by Killer Clouds »

Offline Slide Rule

After Trump serves out his next four years as President, a House Speakership
would be a place to comment on the content of character of elected officials.

Let him be president and then offer him to leave in peace or to have a relatively
active role in government.

I'd like him as a supreme as he has the right degree of judicial temperament.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 01:10:59 pm by Slide Rule »
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
On the one hand, Trump is not going to be elected Speaker, but on the other, McCarthy has to go if we are to accomplish anything.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
On the one hand, Trump is not going to be elected Speaker, but on the other, McCarthy has to go if we are to accomplish anything.

Agreed and McCarthy needs to take McConnell along with him.