Author Topic: U.S. threatens military response to China in South China Sea dispute  (Read 157 times)

rangerrebew

U.S. threatens military response to China in South China Sea dispute

By Bill Gertz - The Washington Times - Friday, November 19, 2021

The State Department on Friday warned China that it risks military action from the United States in response to Chinese coast guard efforts to block the resupply of a Philippines island outpost.

The department said in a statement that the Chinese coast guard operation Tuesday blocking Philippine resupply ships and using water cannons at Second Thomas Shoal in the Spratly Islands of the South China Sea could trigger the U.S.-Philippines mutual defense treaty.

“The United States stands with our Philippine allies in upholding the rules-based international maritime order and reaffirms that an armed attack on Philippine public vessels in the South China Sea would invoke U.S. mutual defense commitments under Article IV of the 1951 U.S. Philippines Mutual Defense Treaty,” the statement said. “The United States strongly believes that [China‘s] actions asserting its expansive and unlawful South China Sea maritime claims undermine peace and security in the region.”

U.S. Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin spoke to Philippines Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana by phone on Friday to discuss the standoff, saying the U.S. would “stand with our Philippine allies.”

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/nov/19/us-threatens-military-response-china-south-china-s/

rangerrebew

Re: U.S. threatens military response to China in South China Sea dispute
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2021, 03:43:02 pm »
I hear the secret plan is to throw millions of copies of Critical Race Theory literature at them and let them rot internally just like our military is doing. *hmmmm*

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2021, 06:10:21 pm »
I hear the secret plan is to throw millions of copies of Critical Race Theory literature at them and let them rot internally just like our military is doing. *hmmmm*

Nah, we'll sick ole camel toes on them

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2021, 04:08:55 am »
Nah, we'll sick ole camel toes on them
We can just drive them insane blaring Biden's Speeches and Harris's cackling at them non stop.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2021, 07:26:49 am »
I bet they are just skeered to death.

IF this happens,watch that senile old SOB order Japan to be bombed.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!