Author Topic: Experts befuddled by 'mysterious' fact that Africa is less than 6% vaccinated but has avoided COVID  (Read 865 times)

Offline libertybele

Experts befuddled by 'mysterious' fact that Africa is less than 6% vaccinated but has avoided COVID disaster — unlike Europe and the US

What is going on in Africa?

That's the question that has so-called medical experts scratching their heads as they examine the COVID-19 data coming out of the continent.

According to a report Friday from the Associated Press, while less than 6% of the people of Africa are vaccinated, the nations on the continent are seeing fewer cases and deaths than the West — and pretty much the rest of the world.

When the coronavirus first reared its head early last year, experts around the world worried that the pandemic would kill millions of people in a sweep across Africa, the AP said. But that fear has yet to come even close to being realized.

Though scientists warn that it is difficult to get accurate COVID information in African countries, they did note that COVID-case trends are continuing to decline. For example, in Zimbabwe this week, only 33 new cases and zero deaths were reported, and the World Health Organization's data reveal that COVID infections in the country have been dropping since July.........

https://www.conservativereview.com/experts-befuddled-by-mysterious-fact-that-africa-is-less-than-6-vaccinated-but-has-avoided-covid-disaster-unlike-europe-and-the-us-2655766455.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LegalAmerican

We know why.  Same in Amish Country.  No vaccines....which shed the virus to others. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1DgWYdukZU

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Funny how that works out,ain't it?

Ifn we didin no betta,we mite think it be a scam,huh?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Beyond the fact they have younger populations, being poorer they probably eat less processed food, have less diabetes, heart disease, less vitamin deficiency etc that makes people more susceptible to the virus.

The Republic is lost.

Online roamer_1

Beyond the fact they have younger populations, being poorer they probably eat less processed food, have less diabetes, heart disease, less vitamin deficiency etc that makes people more susceptible to the virus.

... And BUCKETS of hydroxychloroquine that they hand out like Chicklets.   :whistle:

Offline libertybele

... And BUCKETS of hydroxychloroquine that they hand out like Chicklets.   :whistle:

Either that or Ivermectin.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Well isn't that interesting...
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

:thumbsup:

Online Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan

Online unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!

Each vaccine attacks ONLY ONE STRAIN of the virus.
Each time a mutation appears, it spreads like a virus.
Relying on the vaccines uses the entire population
as a breeding ground for new strains of the virus.

Hydroxychloroquine, ivermectin, etc. destroy ALL strains of the virus.
Vitamins boost the immune system, which also destroys all strains of the virus.
I take a lot of Vitamins C and D.
When I had COVID (at age 63), it was like a moderate case of the flu.
No big deal.

In Africa, hydroxychloroquine is as common as aspirin.

"One test result cancels out a thousand expert opinions."
-- Wehrner von Braun
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Offline cato potatoe

Less HVAC systems, and they also don't live long enough to join the risk group.

Online roamer_1

Each vaccine attacks ONLY ONE STRAIN of the virus.
Each time a mutation appears, it spreads like a virus.
Relying on the vaccines uses the entire population
as a breeding ground for new strains of the virus.

That's right = And it prevents immunity and thus herd immunity. Bad idea.

Hydroxychloroquine, ivermectin, etc. destroy ALL strains of the virus.
Vitamins boost the immune system, which also destroys all strains of the virus.
I take a lot of Vitamins C and D.
When I had COVID (at age 63), it was like a moderate case of the flu.
No big deal.

In Africa, hydroxychloroquine is as common as aspirin.

"One test result cancels out a thousand expert opinions."
-- Wehrner von Braun
[/size]

That's right too, I think.

Offline DB

Is there any actual data that hasn't been ground through the government grinder that shows when people catch Covid-19 that those who have been "vaccinated" really have better outcomes? The majority of people who caught Covid-19 didn't get very sick - "vaccinated" or unvaccinated. But some people got very sick - and that appears to be true regardless of being "vaccinated" or not.

It certainly appears that the death rate has been higher this year with millions of people vaccinated than the year before the "vaccine" was available.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Africa is not a destination point for travel of the infected.  They export it.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LMAO

Whether it’s this issue, inflation, Afghanistan, or the economy,  it seems the experts are always befuddled
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

Neither is relevant to the issue of why the rate of infection, and in particular the rates of serious illness/death are apparently so much lower in large portions of Africa, nor why those portions appear to be fairly coextensive with those regions of Africa where ivermectin is widely used.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

1.) Africa's climate is warmer.
2.) African dwellings have to allow for more natural air circulation because many can't afford HVAC systems.
3.) Africa's less developed transportation infrastructure decreases the likelihood of rapid spread via people traveling long distances.

COVID-19/SARS2 evolved to spread in caves among bats and rodents.  It's preferred environment is enclosed spaces, without sunlight, and poor outside air circulation - like schools, offices, airports, airplanes, buses, trains, hospitals, restaurants, bars, theaters, arenas, and congested urban areas.

Outdoor firepits are here to stay in colder Northern climates.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Kamaji

It appears to be related to the widespread use of ivermectin in many African countries (it is used as an anti-parasitic there).

Here's a study, and the conclusions

Study: https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.03.26.21254377v1

Conclusions:  The morbidity and mortality in the onchocerciasis endemic countries are lesser than those in the non-endemic ones. The community-directed onchocerciasis treatment with ivermectin is the most reasonable explanation for the decrease in morbidity and fatality rate in Africa. In areas where ivermectin is distributed to and used by the entire population, it leads to a significant reduction in mortality.

Offline DB

1.) Africa's climate is warmer.
2.) African dwellings have to allow for more natural air circulation because many can't afford HVAC systems.
3.) Africa's less developed transportation infrastructure decreases the likelihood of rapid spread via people traveling long distances.

COVID-19/SARS2 evolved to spread in caves among bats and rodents.  It's preferred environment is enclosed spaces, without sunlight, and poor outside air circulation - like schools, offices, airports, airplanes, buses, trains, hospitals, restaurants, bars, theaters, arenas, and congested urban areas.

Outdoor firepits are here to stay in colder Northern climates.

So how does that explain places like Arizona, Mexico, South America, Etc...

And Covid-19 did NOT evolve in caves in bats. It was made in a lab by combining different components that have never merged naturally before. There is lots of hard evidence to show that they were combining known spike proteins to make humans vulnerable to Covid variants found in bats to see if humans would then carry it.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Funny how that works out,ain't it?

Ifn we didin no betta,we mite think it be a scam,huh?
I wonder how many of those folks are taking antimalarial drugs?

(Like hydroxychloroquine?)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

Yabbbut all those Chinese coming in there to get the natural resources just might bring a few bugs with them, just like they did in other countries (Italy, especially).

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

I wonder how many of those folks are taking antimalarial drugs?

(Like hydroxychloroquine?)

Many of them are taking ivermectin as an anti-parasitic for onchocerciasis, which is endemic in about 31 African countries, and non-endemic in 22 (and therefore not using ivermectin as a community-based anti-parasitic).

It is my understanding that, in the endemic countries, use of ivermectin is widespread.

Offline Smokin Joe

Many of them are taking ivermectin as an anti-parasitic for onchocerciasis, which is endemic in about 31 African countries, and non-endemic in 22 (and therefore not using ivermectin as a community-based anti-parasitic).

It is my understanding that, in the endemic countries, use of ivermectin is widespread.
From what I have read, Ivermectin present in the serum of the victim of an Anopheles Mosquito will kill the mosquito, but it isn't especially effective against malaria itself.  Chloroquine was in use as an antimalarial there, I am not sure about Hydroxychloroquine.  At any rate, all three drugs would likely show some benefit against COVID, especially  as a prophylactic.

C S Lewis

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Arizona - climate controlled buildings, transporation infrastructure, urban population density
Mexico - climate controlled buildings, transportation infrastructure, urban population desnsity
South America - climate controlled buildings, transportation infrastructure, urban population density

The alleged discrepancy in African infection rates merits further investigation.  Is it climatogical?  Cultural?  Behavioral?  Environmental?  Genetic?  Immulogical?

Whether the Covid-19/SARS2 that escaped Wuhan was organic or chimeric, the original source virii were most likely collected from infected Mojiang miner tissue samples in 2012, and horseshoe bats in 2013 in Yunnan Province, China.

Master's Thesis

"The Analysis of Six Patients With Severe Pneumonia Caused By Unknown Viruses" 

School/ College: No. 1 School of Clinical Medicine, Kun Ming Medical University
Student’s Name: Li Xu
Study field: Clinical Medicine and Emergency Medicine
May, 2013

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/6981198-Analysis-of-Six-Patients-With-Unknown-Viruses.html
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Smokin Joe

Arizona - climate controlled buildings, transporation infrastructure, urban population density
Mexico - climate controlled buildings, transportation infrastructure, urban population desnsity
South America - climate controlled buildings, transportation infrastructure, urban population density

The alleged discrepancy in African infection rates merits further investigation.  Is it climatogical?  Cultural?  Behavioral?  Environmental?  Genetic?  Immulogical?

Whether the Covid-19/SARS2 that escaped Wuhan was organic or chimeric, the original source virii were most likely collected from infected Mojiang miner tissue samples in 2012, and horseshoe bats in 2013 in Yunnan Province, China.

Master's Thesis

"The Analysis of Six Patients With Severe Pneumonia Caused By Unknown Viruses" 

School/ College: No. 1 School of Clinical Medicine, Kun Ming Medical University
Student’s Name: Li Xu
Study field: Clinical Medicine and Emergency Medicine
May, 2013

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/6981198-Analysis-of-Six-Patients-With-Unknown-Viruses.html
Not sure, but I don't think you were paying attention to the research taking place in North Carolina in 2014.

https://www.nature.com/articles/nm.3985

THe abstract, when I started doing research on the virus read
Using the SARS-CoV reverse genetics system2, we generated and characterized a chimeric virus expressing the spike of bat coronavirus SHC014 in a mouse-adapted SARS-CoV backbone. The results indicate that group 2b viruses encoding the SHC014 spike in a wild-type backbone can efficiently use multiple orthologs of the SARS receptor human angiotensin converting enzyme II (ACE2), replicate efficiently in primary human airway cells and achieve in vitro titers equivalent to epidemic strains of SARS-CoV. Additionally, in vivo experiments demonstrate replication of the chimeric virus in mouse lung with notable pathogenesis. Evaluation of available SARS-based immune-therapeutic and prophylactic modalities revealed poor efficacy; both monoclonal antibody and vaccine approaches failed to neutralize and protect from infection with CoVs using the novel spike protein. On the basis of these findings, we synthetically re-derived an infectious full-length SHC014 recombinant virus and demonstrate robust viral replication both in vitro and in vivo. Our work suggests a potential risk of SARS-CoV re-emergence from viruses currently circulating in bat populations.

The description of their Chimera, from attachment at the ACEII receptor to the effects on airway cells, to the resistance to known antiviral medications at the time all fit the SARS-CoV-2 profile.  It may have been further refined in Wuhan, where the research was moved after it was stopped in the US in 2014, along with two of the researchers who were on the original team in NC: Xing-Yi Ge and Zhengli-Li Shi, both from the Key Laboratory of Special Pathogens and Biosafety, Wuhan Institute of Virology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Wuhan, China.

Because the abstract led to considerable speculation that the virus was, indeed, a product of gain of function research, and not a naturally occurring mashup of viruses in nature, the abstract was subsequently reworded.

It isn't really hard to connect those dots.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 05:42:22 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis