Author Topic: CDC Alerts U.S. Health Care Providers to Monkeypox As Second Recent Case Is Reported in U.S.  (Read 186 times)

Online libertybele

Will this be our next pandemic inflicted upon us by our gov't?  How many ILLEGALS are they letting in from this area?

CDC Alerts U.S. Health Care Providers to Monkeypox As Second Recent Case Is Reported in U.S.

he federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said on Wednesday it is investigating a case of monkeypox in a traveler who returned to the United States from Nigeria.

This is the second case of monkeypox reported in this country so far this year.

Monkeypox re-emerged in Nigeria in 2017 after more than 40 years with no reported cases. Since 2017, 218 cases have been confirmed in Nigeria and eight cases have been reported in international travelers from Nigeria, including a case in Texas in July 2021 and the current case.

"CDC is working with international health counterparts, the airline, and state and local health officials in the Washington, D.C., area to contact airline passengers and others who may have been in contact with the patient," who is now in isolation.

CDC is urging U.S. healthcare providers to be on the lookout for "poxvirus-like lesions," which are a hallmark of the contagious viral disease.

"Because of the health risks associated with a single case of monkeypox, clinicians should report suspected cases immediately to state or local public health authorities regardless of whether they are also exploring other potential diagnoses," CDC said.

In humans, the symptoms of monkeypox are similar to but milder than the symptoms of smallpox. Monkeypox begins with flu-like symptoms --fever, headache, muscle aches, and exhaustion. The main difference between symptoms of smallpox and monkeypox is that monkeypox causes lymph nodes to swell while smallpox does not. The disease results in a widespread rash on the face and body.

The incubation period (time from infection to symptoms) for monkeypox is usually 7−14 days but can range from 5−21 days.............

https://www.cnsnews.com/article/national/susan-jones/cdc-alerts-us-health-care-providers-monkeypox-second-recent-case
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

Yeah, but COVID-19.  That's the real threat!

Offline EdinVA

FJB and his no borders policies...

Online LMAO

And if that becomes a pandemic, Biden is finished. And I can assure people here that there is just not the nursing and medical staff to take care of people should they require hospital care
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline skeeter

Haven't heard the word Monkeypox for ages. Wuhan Institute of Virology's most recent project?