Author Topic: A Navy SEAL, an impossible mission, a Medal of Honor  (Read 145 times)

rangerrebew

A Navy SEAL, an impossible mission, a Medal of Honor
« on: November 19, 2021, 01:09:28 pm »
A Navy SEAL, an impossible mission, a Medal of Honor

Stavros Atlamazoglou | November 18, 2021

In the closing days of the Vietnam War, a Navy SEAL pulled off an almost impossible mission and earned the Medal of Honor for it.

In April 1972, the South Vietnamese military launched the Easter Offensive, the largest combined arms operation of the entire Vietnam War, with U.S. aircraft supporting their Vietnamese allies.

During the initial days of the operation, an EB-66 electronic warfare aircraft was shot down, and only Lieutenant Colonel Iceal Hambleton managed to survive. The shootdown would trigger one of the largest combat search and rescue operations of the war. You see, Hambleton held a top-secret security clearance and had intimate knowledge of classified ballistic missile and countermeasures technology and tactics. If the North Vietnamese and their Soviet allies captured him, they could potentially gain a great deal from his interrogation.

https://www.sandboxx.us/blog/a-navy-seal-an-impossible-mission-a-medal-of-honor/

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien