Author Topic: Largest U.S. Bank Cuts Ties to Conservative Group, Canceling Donald Trump Jr. Event  (Read 107 times)

Offline libertybele

Largest U.S. Bank Cuts Ties to Conservative Group, Canceling Donald Trump Jr. Event

The country's largest bank has cut ties with a Missouri conservative group, forcing an event that had been set to feature Donald Trump Jr. to be immediately canceled.

The December 3 St. Charles, Missouri, event featuring the son of former President Donald Trump was organized by the conservative Defense of Liberty political action committee. WePay, a payment processor owned by JPMorgan Chase, had reportedly been used to handle the event's ticket transactions until the arrangement fell apart.

Defense of Liberty founder Paul Curtman, a former GOP state representative, told the Missouri Independent that WePay informed him in a message that it would no longer do business with his group based on an alleged violation of terms of service and had refunded $30,000 in payments already processed for the event.

"It seems you're using WePay Payments for one or more of the activities prohibited by our terms of service," the message reportedly states. "More specifically: Per our terms of service, we are unable to process for hate, violence, racial intolerance, terrorism, the financial exploitation of a crime, or items or activities that encourage, promote, facilitate, or instruct others regarding the same."

The quoted terms of service appear on the WePay website under the heading "Illegal." Other violations listed under the category include "deceptive, unfair, or predatory practices" and "forced child labor/human trafficking, slavery." The specifics of why the Defense of Liberty PAC was found to be engaging in "illegal" activity is unclear.

"My personal sense of why they did this is kind of along the same lines we have been seeing in our culture in recent years," Curtman told the news outlet. "If someone has a different idea politically, there is an attempt to silence them or shut them down."

"I can't think of a single instance where anything we have done at any one of these events violates one of their terms of service," he added. "They are trying to shut us down because they don't like our politics.".............

https://www.newsweek.com/largest-us-bank-cuts-ties-conservative-group-canceling-donald-trump-jr-event-1650599
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline bilo

I believe Chase changed their position.

Even if they did, I have one mortgage left with them and can't wait to cut ties. Diamond is a fascist and where ever I can I don't want to do business with those who seek to destroy me.

Let's go Brandon!
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline EdinVA

JP Morgan Pledges $30 Billion To Help Remedy Racial Wealth Gap

JP Morgan Chase & Co, the nation’s biggest bank by assets, on Thursday pledged $30 billion over the next five years in its latest efforts to solve the racial wealth gap made worse by the Covid-19 crisis, and as banking institutions—in the midst of a renewed anti-racism movement—make steps to redress decades of racial wealth inequality that they helped create.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/isabeltogoh/2020/10/08/jp-morgan-pledges-30-billion-to-help-remedy-racial-wealth-gap/?sh=916b38b594d7

Offline Kamaji

One thing Trump could definitely do to further conservatives' protection from the fascist depredations of liberals is to start the construction of a financial infrastructure that will not use politically-motivated criteria to determine who will be provided financial services.  Other than for conduct that is strictly and clearly illegal under applicable law, financial services should not be denied to a person or an organization simply because they hold politically disfavored opinions, views, or beliefs.