Author Topic: Biden muzzled: WH scraps presser with Canada, Mexico leaders amid prez blunders  (Read 147 times)

Online mountaineer

Biden muzzled: WH scraps presser with Canada, Mexico leaders amid prez blunders
 By Steven Nelson   
November 17, 2021 5:13pm
The White House has abandoned plans for President Biden to hold a press conference Thursday with the visiting leaders of Mexico and Canada after his aides were left scrambling to clean up a series of misstatements.

Biden, who turns 79 on Saturday, is known for going off-script and on Tuesday made imprecise remarks on Taiwan, the 2020 Olympics and his selection of a Federal Reserve chairman, forcing a mop-up operation by his spokespeople.

White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki said last week that there would be a press conference when Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador visit DC, before the plan was scrapped.

“He’s going to be holding [meetings] with both of the leaders tomorrow. There will be pool sprays at the top of each of those. And then the North American Leaders Summit, where we’ll have a pool spray at the top of that,” White House spokesman Chris Meagher told reporters on Air Force One. ...
NY Post
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

He's been en fuego lately.
BIDEN GAFFES HIS WAY THROUGH RECORD SETTING INFRASTRUCTURE BILL SIGNING​ (VIDEO)
November 17, 2021   

Ahead of the signing of the bipartisan infrastructure bill, President Joe Biden bumbled and fumbled his words, during his Monday address, joking that first lady Jill Biden had a second husband​. ...
DC Patriot

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
That ‘Joe Biden Scraps Press Conference’ Story Just Got a Whole Lot Worse
By Sister Toldjah | Nov 18, 2021 10:15 AM ET

We reported Wednesday on the embarrassing story of how President Joe Biden’s handlers had scrapped a so-called “Three Amigos” press conference that had been scheduled to take place today between him, Canada’s Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, and Mexico’s President Andrés Manuel López Obrador after meetings in Washington, D.C.

When asked by a reporter yesterday why the presser, which has been a tradition between the three countries going back several years, was canceled, no good reason was given by White House deputy press secretary Chris Meagher. But Justin Sink, the Bloomberg News reporter who brought up the issue, in essence, answered his own question with his follow-up :

“I mean, I would — I guess I would just press for having a press conference. And I guess I would wonder, if Jen said that this was going to happen, if there’s longstanding precedent of this happening, and the most recent data point is yesterday where you guys had to clean up not only this Olympic comment but his comment on the timing for the Fed and his Taiwan comment, is the worry that you don’t want the President taking questions? And if not, I think the best way to satisfy that would be to have the President out there tomorrow.”

more
https://redstate.com/sister-toldjah/2021/11/18/that-joe-biden-scraps-press-conference-story-just-got-a-whole-lot-worse-n477976
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Sounds like a job for Harris!!

Online mountaineer

Et tu, Bloomberg?  :laugh:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

:facepalm2:

Trudeau is holding his own press conference later today. Biden is not. — Kathryn Watson (@kathrynw5) November 18, 2021