Author Topic: Biden Nominee Saule Omarova Disowns Her Own Words to Bankrupt Oil Companies: ‘Poor Phrasing’  (Read 162 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden Nominee Saule Omarova Disowns Her Own Words to Bankrupt Oil Companies: ‘Poor Phrasing’

Sean Moran 18 Nov 2021

Saule Omarova, President Joe Biden’s U.S. Comptroller nominee, blamed “poor phrasing” when she called on “bankrupt” fossil fuel companies to “tackle climate change.”

Omarova, a Cornell Law professor, said she wanted to bankrupt fossil fuel companies to facilitate climate change policies.

“For certain troubled industries and firms that are in transition. And here what I’m thinking about is primarily coal industry and oil and gas industry,” Omarova said.

“A lot of the smaller players in that industry are going to probably go bankrupt in short order – at least we want them to go bankrupt if we want to tackle climate change, right?” Omarova added.

During her nomination hearing at the Senate Banking Committee Thursday, she blamed “poor phrasing” for her words to bankrupt oil and natural gas companies.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/11/18/biden-nominee-runs-away-from-her-own-words-to-bankrupt-oil-companies-poor-phrasing/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

No, it's pretty clear what you meant dearie; that's not a case of "poor phrasing".

Offline mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
Biden Nominee Saule Omarova Disowns Her Own Words to Bankrupt Oil Companies: ‘Poor Phrasing’

“For certain troubled industries and firms that are in transition. And here what I’m thinking about is primarily coal industry and oil and gas industry,” Omarova said.

“A lot of the smaller players in that industry are going to probably go bankrupt in short order – at least we want them to go bankrupt if we want to tackle climate change, right?” Omarova added.

So what would have been a well-phrased expression of the desire to bankrupt smaller players in the coal, oil, and gas industries?
James 1:20

Offline mountaineer

Why bankrupt only the small coal and oil producers? Seems a little "pro-big corporation" to me.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
Why bankrupt only the small coal and oil producers? Seems a little "pro-big corporation" to me.

Well she didn't say, but I suspect it's because the big names are easily co-opted toward "progressive" agenda ideas.  BP, Shell, etc, are all in on the "energy transition" and "renewables."  Smaller companies are not so easily fooled.

But the bigger point, to me, is about government taking as an acceptable objective the bankruptcy of legally-operating enterprises, whether large or small.
James 1:20

Offline skeeter

PS Apparently this Marxist was also pinched for shoplifting back in the 90s. Just add that to the hopper.

Offline mountaineer