Author Topic: Navy holds ‘navigation stand-down’ for submarine force after undersea collision  (Read 111 times)

rangerrebew

Navy holds ‘navigation stand-down’ for submarine force after undersea collision
By Geoff Ziezulewicz
 Nov 17, 06:15 PM

The Navy’s submarine community began a “navigation stand-down” this week following the submarine Connecticut’s collision with an undersea mountain last month in the South China Sea.

U.S. Submarine Forces officials said that, unlike prior surface fleet or aviation stand-downs, the stand-down announced Wednesday will not involve a halting of all submarine activities.

Instead, crews will review the procedures required for navigation planning, operations, risk management and best practices, while absorbing lessons learned from the Connecticut mishap, SUBFOR spokesman Cmdr. Paul Macapagal told Navy Times.

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2021/11/17/navy-holds-navigation-stand-down-for-submarine-force-after-undersea-collision/

Offline EdinVA

“sound judgement, prudent decision-making and adherence to required procedures in navigation planning, watch team execution and risk management could have prevented the incident.”
So we fire the best because of what MIGHT have been.... not very sound reasoning to me, more like a vendetta...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Was this seamount on the charts?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis