Author Topic: Donna Brazile on Inflation Concerns: ‘Be a Smart Shopper’  (Read 435 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Donna Brazile on Inflation Concerns: ‘Be a Smart Shopper’
« on: November 14, 2021, 10:10:31 pm »
Donna Brazile on Inflation Concerns: ‘Be a Smart Shopper’

Pam Key 14 Nov 2021

Democratic strategist Donna Brazile said Sunday on ABC’s “This Week” offered her advice for those struggling with the inflationary pressures on the American economy: be smart shoppers.

Partial transcript as follows:

STEPHANOPOULOS: And, Chris, one of the things the White House is counting on, that if they are able to pass this bipartisan — well, it’s the bipartisan infrastructure bill takes hold, and if they are able to pass Build Back Better, the economy will show more benefits across the board by the midterms.

CHRISTIE: See, the problem, George, is that — let me give you a couple of examples of what normal people really care about. I mean, first, they go to the gas station, and as much as the Biden administration is against fossil fuels, until further notice we’re going to be using them. And they reason they don’t open up the strategic reserves is because they don’t want to expose themselves on the far left green flank. And so they don’t want to do that because that would be encouraging fossil fuels, God forbid. So they go to the gas station and the prices are way too high.

I will tell you something, my wife just told me three days ago. She walked in from the supermarket and she picked up a big pack of toilet paper and she said to me, do you know how much this costs me today? $29. $29.

BRAZILE: Did so go to Costco?

CHRISTIE: She wasn’t at Costco. She was at the supermarket.

But here’s the thing, normal people who go out there and they see they’re paying $29 for that, guess who they’re blaming? They’re blaming Joe Biden.

STEPHANOPOULOS: It’s those supply chain issues.

BRAZILE: Oh, God, inflation has been going up for the last three years. I go to — I go to Safeway —

CHRISTIE: Come on, Donna.

BRAZILE: I go — look, look, you’ve got to be —

CHRISTIE: Not 6 percent (ph).

BRAZILE: Look, you — you’ve got to be smart when you go out and shop today, OK, whether you’re looking for Jiffy cornbread, which used to be three for $1 and it went up to 87 cents, or if you’re buying gas. And if you’re buying it in the inner city, it’s 10 cents more than if you go out just further out.

George, the pain —

CHRISTIE: Well, is that — wait, is that the Democratic slogan?

BRAZILE: No.

CHRISTIE: We’re going to raise your prices, but be smart about it. It could be a little bit less?

BRAZILE: No, where your — you mentioned Mary Pat —

CHRISTIE: Run on that.

BRAZILE: You mentioned Mary Pat.

COASTON: Coupons.

BRAZILE: I’m just telling you my experience with shopping. You’ve got to be a smart shopper. My mom had nine children and she always said, you had to make grocery (ph).

Look, George, the bottom line is tomorrow Joe Biden will sign a very historic piece of legislation. I pray and hope that in addition to giving a pen to Nancy and to Chuck and Manchin that he give it to Bill Cassidy and those 13 Republicans in the House who are now facing death threats because they want to fix their roads, they want to fix their bridges and they want broadband for their kids.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/11/14/donna-brazile-on-inflation-concerns-be-a-smart-shopper/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Donna Brazile on Inflation Concerns: ‘Be a Smart Shopper’
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2021, 10:11:01 pm »
UnF'king believable!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2021, 10:12:28 pm »
I sam a smart shopper.  I ain't buying the bullshit she is selling.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2021, 10:13:22 pm »
Just how many "Let them Eat Cake" moments is this adminstration allowed to throw in our face?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2021, 10:17:48 pm »

And wear a sweater!
The Republic is lost.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2021, 01:12:54 am »
Just how many "Let them Eat Cake" moments is this adminstration allowed to throw in our face?

Let them

I encourage them to keep doing it
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2021, 01:25:07 am »

And wear a sweater!

When Obama took office in 2009, the white house thermostats were raised to 80° F.  When a reporter called them on it, their response was that Obama was from Hawaii and was accustomed to that temperature.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2021, 01:27:09 am »
Donna is so right, the more democrats fuk up America, the smarter the shopper you have to be..  It ends up finding the survivalist cache and viciously appropriating what ever they have, and eating your neighbors, when it comes to that.  Utopia, utopia, damn fools finally get it, a miracle of our times.  and they fought so damn hard to get us to where we are are and are going.......
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
and last but not least, Let the damn fools that believed in all the lies, eat cake!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 01:28:12 am by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2021, 01:33:24 am »
Funny how the Democrats never tell food stamp recipients to be smart shoppers.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2021, 02:15:39 am »
Funny how the Democrats never tell food stamp recipients to be smart shoppers.

Good point!
Support the USO

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2021, 02:25:29 am »
Elitist b*tch.
I wonder if Pelosi is feeling the pain of higher Dove bar prices.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2021, 03:26:04 am »
And I'm supposed be upset at something Trump says or Tweets?

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2021, 03:46:58 am »
And I'm supposed be upset at something Trump says or Tweets?

Let's Go Brazile!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2021, 11:50:22 am »
Marie Antoinette was never so brazen.  On the other hand, Fartin' Joe has some things in common with Louis XVI.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2021, 12:20:46 pm »
I sam a smart shopper.  I ain't buying the bullshit she is selling.

We are the ultimate in frugal shoppers.  We save (invest)  and track every cent.  (Scottish ancestry is in full view).

In one year....

Food and Health Aids-  Up 21.7%
Fuel- Up 76.5%
Taxes- Up 8.4%
Utilities- Up 9.8%
Auto Repair and Maintenance Up 43.1%
Other Repair and Maintenance Up 22.1%
Insurance- Up 15.0%
Medical- Up 22.6%
Other- Up 14.4%

Overall- 16.3%

No one is buying this garbage about smart shopping.  Biden is financally raping the country.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 12:21:32 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline christian

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2021, 05:56:52 am »
catfish1957:
No one is buying this garbage about smart shopping.  Biden is financally raping the country.

Of course Joe insists its a whirlwind romance, and as he is willing to lie,so many are willing to mindlessly believe him. .Business as usual for the typical stooge/useful fools.   When a democrat rapes, it must have been love or the raped was trying to take advantage of the raper.  Democrats boldly ushered in the End Times,your loved ones will become on the dinner menu!  Dance,dance dance, desolation cometh!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2021, 11:18:21 am »
When Obama took office in 2009, the white house thermostats were raised to 80° F.  When a reporter called them on it, their response was that Obama was from Hawaii and was accustomed to that temperature.

@Hoodat

Uhhhh,wasn't his mansion in Chicago,and wasn't that where he was living when he was elected as Goober in Charge?

Rumor has it that it gets pretty chilly in Chicago.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2021, 01:08:41 pm »
@Hoodat

Uhhhh,wasn't his mansion in Chicago,and wasn't that where he was living when he was elected as Goober in Charge?

Rumor has it that it gets pretty chilly in Chicago.

@sneakypete

Everything you say is correct.  Nonetheless, the Hawaii excuse was still used as the reason for keeping the thermostats high.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2021, 01:10:46 pm »
"Buy from the discount shelves you poors" - Donna Brazile
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2021, 02:18:16 pm »
Donna would have us peons doing all our grocery and clothing shopping at Dollar General, I suppose. We can afford that, can't we?  :thud:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline christian

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2021, 05:26:09 am »
Promised utopia living is here, and sooo many malcontents.  So many happy about the last Presidential election, now weep and mourn....  What up wid dat?
 :amen:

Offline dancer

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2021, 11:59:07 am »
Well, she does eat a lot of that Jiffy corn bread.   888mouth