Author Topic: I Asked Him About the Best Part of His Service – 'Everybody Looked Out for Each Other'  (Read 72 times)

rangerrebew

I Asked Him About the Best Part of His Service – 'Everybody Looked Out for Each Other'

11 Nov 2021
The War Horse | By Lidsay Bennet

Lindsay Bennett is a tenth-grade student at Berwick Academy and plays softball and soccer. In her free time, she loves to spend time with her grandparents at their lake and hang out with her friends. She hopes to do nonprofit work after college or work involving helping those in need.

The opinions expressed in this op-ed are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Military.com. If you would like to submit your own commentary, please send your article to opinions@military.com for consideration.

It was 1968 in Hue-Phu Bai, South Vietnam. My grandfather had just graduated from college and enlisted in the U.S. Army as the northern Vietnamese were spreading communist values throughout southern Vietnam. My grandfather, James Moore, a 22-year-old from Connecticut, was stationed right in the middle of it all.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/opinions/2021/11/11/i-asked-him-about-best-part-of-his-service-everybody-looked-out-each-other.html