Author Topic: On the Larger Goals of the Left in Bringing Rittenhouse to Trial  (Read 86 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
On the Larger Goals of the Left in Bringing Rittenhouse to Trial
« on: November 17, 2021, 03:15:06 pm »
Legal Insurrection by New Neo Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Stamping out the right to self-defense

It’s jury deliberation time in the Rittenhouse trial, and while we wait I’ve been reflecting on the big picture of where we are right now. I don’t think there’s any way a case as weak as that against Rittenhouse would have been brought ten years ago and certainly not twenty years ago, and the fact that he was charged at all is a bad sign.

Not that we need any more bad signs. But this trial is a reflection of the ways in which the left has gained power lately, despite the fact that there’s been a current backlash against it.

The left wants power to be invested in the state and the state only, and they intend to be the ones in control of the state – and by “state” I don’t just mean an individual state such as Wisconsin. Their preferred repository of power is the federal government, and they want that power strengthened. That means that the right to bear arms and the right to self-defense must be quashed or at least greatly weakened and that only certain people will be allowed to have that right.

The message is that someone such as Kyle Rittenhouse – a young white man of conservative leanings – is not allowed to have that right. But this trial isn’t primarily about Rittenhouse himself nor is it really about the situation in which he found himself that August night in 2020 in Kenosha. That’s just the pretext. The fact that there is an enormous amount of evidence that would overwhelmingly support his claim of self-defense is just a small obstacle easily brushed aside with a combination of media lies, prosecution lies, and threats to destroy the city if Rittenhouse is acquitted.

More: https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/11/on-the-larger-goals-of-the-left-in-bringing-rittenhouse-to-trial/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: On the Larger Goals of the Left in Bringing Rittenhouse to Trial
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2021, 06:43:11 pm »
One of my more random brain farts is the question "What if it had been an actual infantry combat vet that had been armed with an AR-15,who had tripped and fallen on his back before being assaulted by communist rioters,instead of a kid with no combat experience?"

I HAVE to think these bozos have NO freaking idea how lucky they and their fellow rioters were.

Does the phrase from an old Beatles song "Happiness is a warm gun" mean anything to any of you,or is it just me?

And PLEASE keep in mind that I have NOT pointed a gun,loaded OR unloaded at any creature other than a poisonous snake or a rabid racoon since I left VN,and have ZERO actual desire to ever do so again.

BTW,this actually includes street thugs who thought they were going to ratpack me. I just told them I had a gun in my pocket and that if they came any closer they would be wearing large holes in their heads,and to talk it over and make up their minds what they wanted to do because I was in no hurry to go anywhere,and then smiled at them and sat down with my back against a wall and my hand in my coat pocket to wait their decision.

For some odd reason they seemed to hear their mamas calling them home for dinner,because they just wandered off.

Probably THE smartest move they made their whole lives because I had my hand on a 44 special with a 3 inch barrel loaded with 200 grain silvertip hollowpoints,and make no mistake about it,I WOULD have shot them dead on the spot if they had tried to go through the attack.

BUT......attack me with the intent of causing me bodily harm or death,and you will suddenly and rapidly discover what true violence looks and feels like.

Pay attention if this does happen because it will be a short lesson.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 06:49:45 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!