Author Topic: Well,here I go again  (Read 677 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Well,here I go again
« on: November 12, 2021, 02:50:38 pm »
Back in the hospital this morning. Think my left hip is shot. The pain is unbearable.

Also,the lymphoma is back,which isn't helping with any healing. My left leg is dripping pints of pus each day and has been for 2 years now,so I will probably lose that.

Will post updates when I get out.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline skeeter

Re: Well,here I go again
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2021, 02:53:04 pm »
You're one tough nut Pete. We'll be waiting for updates.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2021, 03:00:47 pm »
Oh my...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2021, 03:19:52 pm »
Wishing you the best Pete, take care and get well.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2021, 03:51:18 pm »
Haven't left yet. Washing and drying the pus-filled towels I normally park my left leg on so I won't have to deal with THAT smell when I get back home.

Will be calling for the ambulance right afterwards,though.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2021, 04:41:55 pm »
Last post before leaving home. Heading out the door in a few minutes.

Will post here again when I get back,but it could be a while.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2021, 07:06:58 pm »
Good Great luck, @sneakypete!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline godblessRonaldReagan

• It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2021, 07:55:07 pm »
Hang in there! I always enjoy your take on things.
I, for one, welcome our feline overlords

Offline art.prout

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2021, 09:45:14 am »
Godspeed, Mr. Pete.

Know that many will be praying earnestly for most favorable outcomes for you.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2021, 11:50:58 am »
@sneakypete

Praying. We will really miss you
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2021, 12:36:40 pm »
We'll keep a light on for you .... hurry back.  Praying for the very best for you ...  :0001:

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2021, 02:01:53 am »
Praying of course Pete.... we changed those bandages/towels/wounds on dad for a few months earlier this year. He also went years in the same condition.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2021, 02:10:42 am »
Wishing you all the best @sneakypete   Hoping that your pain will be relieved and you will find some comfort and healing.  Hugs!!! 
« Last Edit: November 14, 2021, 02:26:21 am by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline DB

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2021, 03:03:34 am »
That's pretty awful.

Sure hope you can get some healing going on.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2021, 12:16:26 am »
Prayer bttt...
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2021, 02:27:29 am »
Well,here I am,back again.

With slightly more wear and tear,but so what?

Never had anything in my hurt hurt so bad as this pinched nerve in my hip/groin. It would take my freaking breath away at times.

Been getting filled up on Morphine the last several days to try to keep it under control. Had no choice at all the first few days. They had to do that to get me to keep the screams down.

Biggest problem? Filipino nursers. They meant well and did their best,but don't be surprised after you give them detailed instructions on the best way to move your body without your screams shattering the glass,their response was the same as to any other request,a big smile,and big nod,and they had NO freaking idea what you said to them or what they were supposed to have been doing.

I finally figured out that most of them seem to search for key words they can hone on it to get close. This works ok for "I need new towels",or "can I get a cup of coffee?",but not so well for moving both of your legs at the same time,in the same direction,and at the same altitude. You scream,they panic and drop your legs,and spend the next several minutes trying to catch your breath.

And THIS was after I spend 7 hours in the ER waiting for a doctor to see me,and the American nurses refusing to even push my wheel chair to the rest room for me.

And I was one of the lucky ones. There was an elderly black couple there with the woman in a wheelchair,and they were already there when I showed up,and still waiting to see a doc when I was finally taken to a room.

I am saying you could actually see an admissions nurse looking at you,and then have her turn away while you are still waving both arms over your head.

The few American nurses I did have once I got a bed were all black,and they  every single one went out of their way to help me in any way they could.

Unfortunately,there is not much you can do for a pinched never than take morphine,try to relax,and wait for it to go away.

No,mine has still NOT gone away,but it is better,and since I was not going to get any better in the hospital than I was at home,I told them to take me home.

Even then I had worries. They sent me two tiny women in an ambulance to load me up on a stretcher and then load the stretcher into the ambulance. On top of that,one of them was pregnant.

They did manage to do it,though.

Managing to get around ok with a cane in the house,but at times my leg literally feels like it is on fire.

Hoping the pain pills kick in soon.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 02:29:12 am by sneakypete »

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2021, 02:42:37 am »

Never had anything in my hurt hurt so bad as this pinched nerve in my hip/groin. It would take my freaking breath away at times.

Been getting filled up on Morphine the last several days to try to keep it under control. Had no choice at all the first few days. They had to do that to get me to keep the screams down.

Biggest problem? Filipino nursers. They meant well and did their best,but don't be surprised after you give them detailed instructions on the best way to move your body without your screams shattering the glass,their response was the same as to any other request,a big smile,and big nod,and they had NO freaking idea what you said to them or what they were supposed to have been doing.

I finally figured out that most of them seem to search for key words they can hone on it to get close. This works ok for "I need new towels",or "can I get a cup of coffee?",but not so well for moving both of your legs at the same time,in the same direction,and at the same altitude. You scream,they panic and drop your legs,and spend the next several minutes trying to catch your breath.

And THIS was after I spend 7 hours in the ER waiting for a doctor to see me,and the American nurses refusing to even push my wheel chair to the rest room for me.

And I was one of the lucky ones. There was an elderly black couple there with the woman in a wheelchair,and they were already there when I showed up,and still waiting to see a doc when I was finally taken to a room.

I am saying you could actually see an admissions nurse looking at you,and then have her turn away while you are still waving both arms over your head.

The few American nurses I did have once I got a bed were all black,and they  every single one went out of their way to help me in any way they could.

Unfortunately,there is not much you can do for a pinched never than take morphine,try to relax,and wait for it to go away.

No,mine has still NOT gone away,but it is better,and since I was not going to get any better in the hospital than I was at home,I told them to take me home.

Even then I had worries. They sent me two tiny women in an ambulance to load me up on a stretcher and then load the stretcher into the ambulance. On top of that,one of them was pregnant.

Managing to get around ok with a cane in the house,but at times my leg literally feels like it is on fire.

Pete you have to slip in the proper code words like abdominal pain, increased lethargy, shortness of breath and adding pain in your chest. Now these are legitimate symptoms for my mother and every time I mention them Kaiser's first response is always get her in to the ER where they admit her every damn time, but yeah there is almost always a wait for a real bed but not to see a doctor. Hope you find relief from that pain soon and glad you are home, the worst place for a sick person is a hospital and the same if you are in pain. Hope they gave you some good stuff for the pain and not the imitation stuff Tramadol.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2021, 03:01:11 am »

9999hair out0000 What b.s.!!  They way you were treated is absolutely ridiculous and shameful.

Was this at the VA?  If so can you not go to a non-VA facility? I thought it was now law that a vet had the option to be seen at a civilian hospital. 

Truly wishing you all the best and that you find relief.   :0001:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2021, 04:50:34 am »
9999hair out0000 What b.s.!!  They way you were treated is absolutely ridiculous and shameful.

It wasn't just me,it was EVERYBODY.

Was this at the VA?

Hell no! I no longer go to the VA for health issues.

Truly wishing you all the best and that you find relief.   :0001:
[/quote]

Thanks for the well-wishes.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2021, 06:29:20 am »
I am VA all the way.
From what this guy says, it cannot be worse than that.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2021, 03:11:21 pm »
I'm glad to see you're home again!  :patriot:  Better to be in your own bed than in a rotten hospital bed...
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2021, 04:21:03 pm »
I'm glad to see you're home again!  :patriot:  Better to be in your own bed than in a rotten hospital bed...

@Cyber Liberty

N das da truf!

I do admit there were times when I was pinging the bell for another morphine shot,though.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2021, 04:34:19 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

N das da truf!

I do admit there were times when I was pinging the bell for another morphine shot,though.
Hows the leg this AM?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2021, 04:54:55 pm »
Hows the leg this AM?

@skeeter

Not good,but I can walk short distances on it if I am careful.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2021, 08:18:57 pm »
I’m so glad you’re home @sneakypete

It’s wonderful news.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️