Author Topic: ‘Fighting inflation is in our DNA’: Walmart says its pricing and inventory can deliver for the holid  (Read 206 times)

Offline libertybele

‘Fighting inflation is in our DNA’: Walmart says its pricing and inventory can deliver for the holidays

Walmart Inc. says it is prepared to overcome widespread COVID-related challenges this holiday season thanks to its long history dealing with similar problems and some new tools that are keeping its systems running smoothly.

Walmart WMT, -2.55% reported third-quarter earnings and revenue that beat Street estimates on Tuesday, and raised its full-year profit guidance. And while supply chain bottlenecks have delayed the movement of goods around the world, Walmart says its U.S. inventory is up 11.5% ahead of the holidays.

“Fighting inflation is in our DNA,” said Doug McMillon, chief executive of Walmart, on the earnings call, according to a FactSet transcript.

“Walmart has served customers across economic cycles for more than 50 years.”

McMillon highlighted Walmart’s efforts to maintain speedy delivery, and its broader initiatives, like Walmart GoLocal, the “delivery-as-a-service” business that counts Home Depot Inc. HD, +5.73% as a partner.

Walmart was among the large retailers like included Home Depot, Target Corp. TGT, +1.12% and others that chartered their own ships to transport merchandise as bottlenecks snarled traffic at ports and elsewhere in the supply chain.......

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/fighting-inflation-is-in-our-dna-walmart-says-its-pricing-and-inventory-can-deliver-for-the-holidays-11637092794?mod=home-page
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
If Wally's inventory is up 11.5% why the heck do they have so many empty shelves every time I go in?

Offline libertybele

If Wally's inventory is up 11.5% why the heck do they have so many empty shelves every time I go in?

I thought about that too. I went to the major Wally World store a couple of months ago and I couldn't believe the bare shelves. Target seems to be ok, but they have their own issues; they have a credit card only policy (at least at my local Target) at the self-check out aisle, supposedly due to the national coin shortage (b.s.).  Their customer service is horrible.

My local Home Depot is excellent. Even during the beginning of the pandemic they remained pretty well stocked and they are always extremely busy and I have found their customer service to be pretty good.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.